Round 14 - Melbourne vs Sydney FC - 26/01/23

Is everyone ready for the club to reach a new low?

Looks like there will be a decent contingent of Sydney fans down there

I commend the dedication and feel bad for the turgid shite that’ll be on display

3 Likes

Will the team still be meeting supporters at a hotel?

Looking forward to the ins and outs.

Specifically, Out: Corica

5 Likes

Has the club announced what Rodwells new injury is, and how long he’s expected to be out for?

The Big Blue: Wooden Spoon edition.

4 Likes

The Big Blue.
More like the Big Poo.

1 Like

Am I right in saying that Sydney FC is still the only club from the original clubs to have never finished with the wooden spoon?? For me, this season is about maintaining that stat…

Ok Edit - I think this is untrue. Anyway, my main point of just not getting the spoon stands

Brisbane haven’t either. Amazingly Perth only got the spoon for the first time last year.

Really?

I could have sworn they’ve gotten it once or twice. They’ve had a couple of seasons about a decade ago where they were just fucking atrocious.

I mean, they still are, just slightly less so. :rofl:

Winners, in order, have been:

Knights
Knights
Welly
Newcastle
Adelaide
Fury
Gold Coast
Welly
Heart
Newcastle
CCM
Newcastle
CCM
CCM
CCM
Australia’s Shame
Perth
???

The question marks = Sydney FC in this little equation

Ikonomidis is suspended and D’Agostino is now gone, Nani of course out with ACL. But they could play their youth team and we will still find a way to lose or draw this one.

I’m predicting we’ll go up 2-0 and concede 2 late goals, sort of similar to the Perth away performance. It will feel like a loss.

2 Likes

Or, we’ll pull a sneaky Franky Farina, and in the most eloquent poetic terms, courtesy of the balding bohemian himself - Andy Harper, we’ll pull their pants down, and smack their bottoms.

There is a small part of me deep down that thinks we may well give them a hammering, everything is in place and their club is at a low point, even lower than ours by far which is hard to believe. I also remember us beating a decent CCM team 5-0 last season out of nowhere. But I just can’t see it happening.

1 Like

Melbourne to name a squad including all injured and suspended players. We’ll go 2-0 up and their fans will invade the pitch, causing a slap on the wrist and rescheduling, after which they’ll come back and win 3-2.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d sign up for a 2-2 draw at this point.

Osm planning on all sitting together in another part of the stadium, good luck.

They’re not banned though are they? As long as they’re members and sit quietly, they’re fine

I would rather take the gamble - win and enjoy it, lose and see the back of Corica (wishful thinking maybe) - a draw especially one where me may be ‘unlucky’ just keeps us in limbo and would be frustrating.