Round 15 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 3/2/24

BOM cooperating at this time.

3 Likes

WU’s team is really not bad on paper, a few dangerous players. Think this will be a tough game despite their standing on the ladder.

Yeah I think there’s a risk of underestimating them, the squad certainly isn’t one of those all time worst squads.

Thats a fucking yellow but running past and elbowing Lacerda and shoving him to the ground with no attempt to play the ball isn’t.

Useless fucking wanker.

2 Likes

If you’re expecting anything resembling consistent refereeing in this league you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Mate …

Pretty poor from Lacerda x 2 tbh, absolutely no need to have held the ball that long before playing back to Redders and then fuck knows with that rugby tackle.

Playing at suburban grounds in front of 72 people makes this feel like a preseason game.

Why are Western hosting a home game in Hobart, and not for the 1st time?

Not sure if this one was always scheduled for Tassie, but I think they are basically trying to buy time while their 5k training ground is in progress (which as I understand is now finished or very close to finished and they should be playing out of soon).

Great challenge from JCP

JCP saves us there, what a god.

A few months ago it looked pretty close to being finished. I think they’re still behind schedule on it, though.

Having a shocker. Though the Aussie game was at 2am Sunday morning, and thought this was at 7.30.

Guessing I didnt miss much of the opening 10 mins.

So why not play at AAMI park as usual? It’s hard to comprehend.

Is it just me or does this pitch seem on the small side? Looks very narrow.

Or is it just the camera angle maybe?

1 Like

I think they are trying to separate themselves as much as possible from the other Melbourne teams. Is playing in front of a tiny crowd at AAMI any better than this? I suppose it lets at least some fans from Melbourne watch the game…

They really just need to start playing at the training ground and build from there. You wouldn’t really bother buying a membership with their games being played all over the place like this.

I don’t care how many times they flash it up on the electronic boards, I’m not going to visit Werribee

5 Likes

Hey as far as zoos go the Werribee one is pretty good.

2 Likes

Sneaky. They know what’s going to happen if they say “Visit Melbourne”.

1 Like