Round 15 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 3/2/24

I know Tasmania is an AFL state, and whilst the pitch surface looks excellent, why couldn’t this be played at South Hobarts ground, and risk having a half-decent looking crowd.

Ruhs just sent Lacerda for a hot dog. :sweat:

This is a very poor standard of play.

2 Likes

It seems very All Age park football at the moment.

1 Like

Whatever the real reasons might be, I remain convinced that WU and Macarthur won’t last long. WU may have their own ground soon, but doesn’t Macarthur essentially have free tenancy at Campbelltown? Macarthur is WU’s future.

At least Gold Coast United was a cracking away trip and NQ Fury had community support. WU and Macarthur provide neither.

2 Likes

Jeez Lacerda living dangerously there, slight tug of the shirt when he was beaten.

Don’t want to go off topic too much but with some consistency Macarthur’s crowds have been improving, think they have got 4-5k their past few home games. I’m hopeful that WU will start to get some improved support with consistent home games at one venue in their actual area.

1 Like

Jesus that was shocking defensively from us. Lacerda ball watching like he’s in Arc bar.

Does Corey Holman ever sprint?

Lacerda ill maybe, or went in with a niggle? Has looked off the whole game.

3 Likes

We can’t really afford to lose any more defenders. Hope Gabriel is ok

Maybe. I don’t know what everyone else’s excuse is, though.

Is now a bad time to start talking about injury replacement players again?

The quality of this game is shocking. Did everyone have a big night last night?

1 Like

I did

5 Likes

We have somehow spent this game both being caught on the counter and being penned into our own half. Didn’t think that was possible.

3 Likes

And we don’t even have the prospect of that crazy Italian fella winning it with a worldie

Handball

Was just thinking, the corresponding fixture last season, the one that we got dicked 1-0 by Diamanti, that was an awful gane too from memory. Thats why the goal was such a stand off, it was the only bit of brilliance in 90 mins of pure inspmnic inspiring football.

Must be something in the water down there.

Did look like it hit an arm but behind his back while leaning. Didn’t seem a handball at first look.