Round 16 - Melbourne Victory vs Sydney - 24/1/20

Perhaps a bit early to start the R16 thread, but I just had to so I could post that TWG is reporting the Tards have sacked Kurz.

So just like R14 against Newy, we have the possibility of a “new/no manager bounce” to contend with.

As funny as the idea that the Wizard killed Kurz is, i don’t believe it.

Although there are A LOT of people reporting it…

1 Like

At least we’re not the first to play them. They may lift against Adelaide on Friday but hopefully will be back to their regular shite form when we face them.

They’ve also got their ACL qualifier on 21 January sandwiched between games against their two rivals.

1 Like

Plus Kashima Antlers on the 28th (if they win their qualifier vs Bali United), before Perth on the 2nd.
Very congested schedule. It will be interesting to see how they juggle those commitments and rest players when.

Doing a roadtrip down for this one. Keen to see how the “new manager bounce” affects Vuck. Don’t think signing Rojas alleviates their major problem which is a very poor defensive line and lack of spine. Toivonen will be back for them - as always Robbie Kruse is capable of being amazing and also capable of being a passenger.

Tough game as usual, they’ll be fired up. Reckon having Rhyno and Bratts back will make a huge difference to how we perform.

I’ve always thought they’re a bunch of spineless bastards.

1 Like

Interesting to see kostas welcome.

I have 1 ticket for this game available for free/a hearty handshake. DM me and I’ll email it over.

Righto Mr Morrison…

2 Likes

Guess I’ll put it here as prep. We apparently lost 2-1 to Sydney United in a closed door friendly. Not sure the side we played

Yeah elsewhere in that Facebook thread someone at the game also implied it was a full strength squad. As if our guys would actually put in a shift though. I also doubt we played that for a full game.

True footballing worthiness is usually decided via closed door friendlies, and thus we can conclude that Sydney United are a far superior side to ours and we must fold the club ASAP and avoid further embarrassment.

11 Likes

Was gonna say our championship defence is over :joy:

1 Like

PRO/REL must commence NOW!!1!1!1

1 Like

Theyve now said

Sydney FC lineup - Heward-Belle, Flottmann, Grant, King, Wilkinson, Brattan, Caceres, Ninkovic, Retre, Barbarouses, Le Fondre

Sydney United lineup - Manos, Roberts, Uskok, Vlastelica, Gonzales, Perkatis, Clut, Rose, Bilic, Antelmi, Sim

Wonder what subs we used too.

Good chance there were wholesale changes in the second half.

But they said full strength…

Donachie suspended.

2 Likes