29/12/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Brisbane

Records

Biggest Win – 4 goals:

7/12/19 – Sydney FC 5 – 1 Brisbane

Biggest Loss – 4 goals:

19/10/13 – Brisbane 4 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 9 goals:

15/03/15 – Sydney FC 5 – 4 Brisbane

Most Appearances vs Brisbane – Alex Brosque (28)

Most Goals vs Brisbane – Adam Le Fondre (6)*

Key Statistics

• Sydney FC are now on an 11 game unbeaten streak. This is the longest winning streak since between 18/11/2017 and 10/02/2018, where Sydney FC went 15 games unbeaten.
  • Sydney FC are sitting on 37 points now after 14 games (12-1-1). The Sydney FC team of 2016-17 was on 36 points after 14 games (11-3-0). However, the 2016-17 team had scored more goals (42 compared to 33) and conceded fewer (8 compared to 13).
  • Following Alexander Baumjohann ’s sending off in the previous game, Sydney FC have received two red cards this season. The last time Sydney FC recorded more than this in a single season occurred in 2015-16 (Gersbach , Faty , Holosko and Anderson all received a red). Sydney’s record is 8 reds in 2006-07.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

Surely Brisbane must be the team we have the worst head-to-head record against… Guessing due to the Roarcelona era

Yep Roar is the team we have the worst record against. They consistently beat us during the Roarcelona period and we also struggled against Mulvey when Farina was in charge.

I think you’ll find that they constantly beat everyone in the Roarcalona period

It’s because they lift for State Of Origin, us being their biggest rivals and all. :joy:

3 Likes

At least we put their winless streak to an end at a nice little stadium in Kogarah. Feels like such a long time ago now. Must be hard being a roar fan these days.

2 Likes

Yes it has been a struggle… The ebb and flow of football I suppose…
To be honest I didn’t think Fowler would be the answer when he signed up but there are little improvements here and there that may move us along over time…
I don’t see us near you guys though so tonight should be a win to Sydney.

1 Like

Grand Final init.

Isn’t Adelaide still up on us too?
If only there were some kind of repository for statistics pertaining to Sydney FC.

We are 22-9-20 against Adelaide. 22-9-21 if you count pre-season cup.

Melbourne is the only other close one where we are 19-17-16.

2 Likes

Is that including FFA Cup?

Yep. We’re 21-9-17 in the league against Adelaide.

Saw posted on Twitter last night:

Sydney - played 14, 37 points
Rest of NSW - played 42, 36 points

13 Likes

No surprises in the line-up.

I feel like McDonald is guaranteed to score against us.

Does anyone do radio coverage of a-league anymore? I’ve struggled to find any. Seems ABC radio has lost the rights.

Yeah I’m not sure what the deal is - the first round had at least a couple of games on ABC but then they more or less disappeared. I asked at some point and they said they’d have games occasionally throughout the season. Pretty disappointing tbh - I used to use it most weekends.

Thanks Mental. Someone on here mentioned listening to the game on the radio, so thought I was missing something.