Round 19 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 18/4/21

Lol, is this the world we live in now.

It’s a joke, if you couldn’t get that from the limited tickets part I feel bad for you.

Want analysis, here you go:

Retre not playing due to suspension brings increased balance to our midfield as he generally plays sideways or backwards, Caceres/ABJ/Hoff will actually try to move it forward either with a pass or dribble. When he is pressed he gives up the ball either by turning into trouble or by passing it someone who is also being pressed even harder which then leads to a turnover.

He also doesn’t foul at smart times, see last week where he got his yellow card, he could have pulled the player down at half way which would have maybe resulted in not a yellow (even though it is definitely a yellow), instead he waits until the player is approaching the box and can be engaged by our CBs to then pull him down.

His shooting is beyond shocking, he barely makes a run forward into space (which is not a Corica instruction as Hoff and Brattan do) to take players away, his recovery pace is poor, he also has terrible space and opposition awareness when running back which means it is pointless.

Want more, and the fact is reading this would probably hurt his feelings more than the joke above.

3 Likes

I’d question the judgement of players reading a fan forum.

That’s a silly idea.

2 Likes

I bet Retre reads this forum. Just saying

Well, I’ve never seen Retre and RedKat in the same room …

WE’RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS HERE PEOPLE!

That’s an ill-considered standard.

Players are paid what they are paid, at least in part, because their activity attracts public interest, part of the price they pay is the risk of public criticism.

As long as a comment doesn’t breech our rules, it’s fair game. Stitty’s is sarcastic but essentially benign, if you think that players don’t see worse in their facebook feeds and DM’s every day then you’re kidding yourself.

3 Likes

It is more a personal standard, not saying what is wrong or right - people are free to post what they want within the rules. I’m sure I’ve posted some stuff recently about Brattan having off games etc so I’m not perfect either. However my personal view is that I wouldn’t post anything on here that would make me cringe if I had to repeat it to one of the boys in real life.

I’d imagine my face would blush bright red if I ever met Ninko in real life after all stuff I’ve gushed about him on here

5 Likes

To be honest, I’d make that joke in front of Retre and the team, I’m sure as Jubal said he’s had worse sent to him in his DMs.

1 Like

I believe Zullo is back to full training.

I guess there is a chance he might make the bench

The two VAR favourites face off this week. Who is the average A-League whinger going to point fingers at this week for referee bias?

Regardless, is it time to fold our club yet?

Players are openly told not to look into forums or social media and to not take anything that’s mentioned to heart. If you think that comment was bad, have a look at WSW and MV supporters rocking up to training and threatening players…

What’s said on these forums, is no worse to shareholders demanding that a CEO resign from a regular company, or even multiple comments on any forum demanding that a football manager resign due to a run of poor form.

While you not wanting to post anything on here that you wouldn’t say in real life, I would argue that having forums like this allows people to also be more open with their views and opinions. Yes sometimes they get carried away, but jump on WSW Forums and you’ll see the distinction.

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe there may be inappropriate posts on a forum run by someone as reasonable and rational as Mack.

5 Likes

I would like to buy what you are selling.

You only have to look at the interception/tackle and surge forward Hof did when he came on in the easter match against that team who’s name shall not be mentioned.

You wouldn’t get that in 100 games from Retre.

"If as a player you get the urge to interact with fans on social media, take the dog for a walk instead, the company will be more stimulating & intelligent "

2 Likes

Comparing Retre & the Hoff is apples & oranges. Two completely different types of player. If Corica likes what Retre is doing compared with what Hoff does then the Retre style & how it affects how we play as a team then it’s also pleasing to Corica. We played some sexy football against MCFC & Retre was in the team & Hoff wasn’t. Take that into consideration.

1 Like

I have an offering of 3934 for the PAX gods.

Obviously hard to tell if that’s any good because members have to book their tickets through that system but it does seem higher than some recent numbers I’ve had.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any notification to book tickets for this one, you sure?

Depends on your category

https://www.sydneyfc.com/members-hub

Screenshot_20210416-202222_Samsung Internet

Should highlight this is a 4pm kickoff. Just caught me out

Retre has been in the team for our best performances this season, so I don’t really have much of an opinion. I’d trust Corica’s judgement more than a fans. I think we’ll miss Retre’s work rate but also keen to see how Hoff does on return from injury and if he’ll still be driving forward more.