Round 19 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 18/4/21

I dunno, Corica is the one overseeing this 4222 malarky.

This always has had the makings of a season defining game (win and we stay with that top group lose and were more the middle group) but with Mariners potentially dropping points that makes the importance of winning today even more.

Which means weā€™ll be 2-0 up with 5 to play and lose 4-2

3 Likes

Ugh. Light rail not active for this game.

There are also no trains between Wynyard and Town Hall, coming from north of the Bridge youā€™d have to go Wynyard - Central - Town Hall. Or just walk it.

Itā€™s going to be an absolute shitfight getting home after this. Yep, back to hating fucking Leichhardt.

I just saw this too, makes it almost impossible to get there via public transport.

445 or 437 starting from the QVB will get you close.

1 Like

Yeah I discovered the 437 last week which worked well, but getting to Town Hall also isnā€™t as simple today with the other trackwork.

I shudder to think what itā€™s going to be like trying to get back on it post-game. Might grab a feed at the Orange Grove and wait til itā€™s all died down.

ABJ in. AC to midfield. Hoff not ā€œmatch fitā€

Thatā€™s shit. We needed hof

1 Like

Fold. The. Fucking. Club.

Thatā€™s a really unbalanced midfield. Really needed Hof this game

Also what position does Yazbek play

Caceres is smart and experienced enough to play the role. Not ideal but he will be fine.

Just hope ABJā€™s GPS has a zap function with Corica on the button.

He absolutely can play the role but heā€™s better further forward and bring a bit less defensively than Retre or Hof.

Also having Ninkovic Baumjohann and Bobo in attack isnā€™t the most mobile attack (and Caceres being one of the 10s balances this better)

1 Like

There is overwhelming evidence from this season and last that Ninko+ABJ+Caceres isnā€™t enough legs to compete effectively, and that includes when we had ALF rather than BobĆ“.

Not sure what to make of this Nieuwenhof thing. Two weeks ago they made it sound like itā€™s precautionary, and heā€™s still not available? Seems to be a lot of small niggling injuries stretching out for a really long timeā€¦

Iā€™m starting to suspect that this has more to do with him having already signed elsewhere for next season, not unlike Tilioā€™s sudden dissaprarance from game time last year. Iā€™d really like to be wrong.

1 Like

Superb day for it

ā€œMidfieldā€ according to the Sydney FC website. So with any luck, heā€™s a CM or can at least fill that position if needed.

EDIT: Ultimate A-League claims heā€™s a CM.

The great man can also play deeper if we need. Best 10 in league history, 2nd best 6 in the squad.

I can definitely get behind this Boho in the warmup business too.

Who here is a Yazbek(I)Stan?

Not a great start here