Round 19 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 17/2/19

With De Silva ineligible and Ivanovic named, it would be great to see him start again

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 3.Ben WARLAND, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE ©, 16. Reza GHOOCHANNEJHAD, 17.Anthony CACERES, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21. Mitch AUSTIN, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24. Cam DEVLIN, 31.Luke IVANOVIC.

two to be omitted

Ins: 8.Paulo RETRE (promoted), 24. Cam DEVLIN (promoted), 31.Luke IVANOVIC (promoted).

Outs: 11.Daniel DE SILVA (Ineligible due to loan agreement)

Unavailable: 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 22.Siem DE JONG (knee – 1 week), 19. Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite).

I’d love to see Ivanovic starting and I think there might be merit to starting Caceres over Brillante. Josh just needs to get the message that he needs to lift his game if he wants to play every week.

1 Like

No Jop at all?

Might be an error, he is still training with the squad. Tratt is also left out but likely still injured

18 players are listed for selection so I’m not sure that it is an error.

Any PAX updates for this game? Would be great to get > 13k for this one!!

Preview is up on the front page:

I see us lining up as follows:

The Cove pre-drinks are at the Orange Grove Hotel and the Royal Hotel Leichhardt:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 21 (50.0%)

Draws: 9 (21.4%)

Losses: 12 (28.6%)

Sydney FC record at Leichhardt Oval

Wins: 1 (100%)

Draws: 0 (0%)

Losses: 0 (0%)

Last 5 Matches

4/01/19 – Sydney FC 5 – 2 Central Coast

1/12/18 – Central Coast 1 – 2 Sydney FC

24/03/18 – Central Coast 1 – 2 Sydney FC

20/01/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 1 Central Coast

10/11/17 – Central Coast 2 – 0 Sydney FC

Records

Biggest Win – 4 goals:

5/11/05 – Central Coast 1 – 5 Sydney FC

24/01/15 – Central Coast 1 – 5 Sydney FC

15/10/16 – Sydney FC 4 – 0 Central Coast

Biggest Loss – 5 goals:

3/11/12 – Central Coast 7 – 2 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 9 goals:

22/12/07 – Central Coast 4 – 5 Sydney FC

3/11/12 – Central Coast 7 – 2 Sydney FC

Most Appearances vs CCM – Alex Brosque (24)*

Most Goals vs CCM – Alex Brosque (10)*

Key Statistics

• Milos Ninkovic and Brandon O’Neill both overtook Steve Corica for competitive appearances in the previous game; they both have 121 appearances now, putting them equal 7th in the all time appearance makers list.
  • Sydney FC ’s only previous appearance at Leichhardt Oval was a 2-0 win over Melbourne City in the 2017 FFA Cup. Jordy Buijs and Alex Brosque scored that day.
  • Sydney FC ’s opponents have scored 2+ goals 9 times this season. This is tied with the number of domestic games where this happened in 2016-17 and 2017-18 combined (1 time in 2016-17 and 8 times in 2017-18).

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

We’re going to get arseblasted.

1 Like

PAX 7630 as of last night

1 Like

I live nearby - good places to park are inside Callan park - go down wharf rd and it’s just a quick walk through the park -also it an easy exit - it’s a real logjam around norton , city west link and James st after games ( tigers ) better to go Balmain rd or Victoria.

1 Like

could even park on the other side of iron cove bridge and walk over. If you’re used to the SFS-Central work, this should be a piece of cake

I can’t believe that, for a place that’s been so shit to drive to in past experience (mostly NPL finals), it can be such an absurd pain to get to by public transport.

50 minutes from Redfern, 1 hr 45 minutes if I visit my parents in Baulkham Hills for lunch, 1 hour 25 minutes from Parramatta if I head down there after.

Seems that the quickest way to get there from just about anywhere that isn’t directly on either the Victoria Road bus routes or the Inner-West Light rail line, is to commute into the city and then back out.

Strongly considering not going now.

It’s going to be hard to estimare the crowd before the game because a lot of members would have upgraded their seats to the grandstand but that’s still a decent number I’d say.

Welcome to my world. I wasn’t kidding when I said it was quicker to get to Wollongong away by PT.

Or you can make the effort and support a club that’s doing it’s best in a shit situation.

1 Like

My frustration is with the stadium, and the PT network, not with the club. Totally appreciate the need for games in IW during this process.

Drinks in breweries in Marrickville, train to Dulwich Hill, light rail to game. Looking forward to my arvo tbh

2 Likes

What’s the deal with the shuttles from the royal?

No denying, it’s a schlep getting here today, even though technically closer than Kogarah, but no way would I have done public transport - drove, parked and walked about a km ( which is nothing really)

Caceres in for De Silva.