Round 19 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 17/2/19

“Shooting practice” is a particular brand of goo I haven’t seen around in years. Brings back memories.

Reza and AlF ain’t working. We have one point from a getable 6. Back to the drawing board .

I know Mariners are last but a point means nothing to them, absolutely nothing.

Wasting time constantly is a joke - they tried to hold the ball in the corner wtf.

The second game in a row Sydney should have won by 6. The premiers plate is gone and they basically have kept Melbourne still in the fight for second place when we should be 4 clear of them.

We were shit domestically when we had our best ever ACL campaign. Gives me hope.

1 Like

Or we can skip the drawing board and just go straight to Alex Brosque in the starting lineup farken

I can’t believe Bobo didn’t get on to any of those crosses.

1 Like

Agree, but Mulvey is clutching at straws and will take what he can get.

SFC butchered that game due to poor finishing, nothing else.

Probably a good start , yes.

A few points

• Reza is still settling but didn’t show too much. He and Alf haven’t clicked yet and getting Alf further from goal isn’t helping us

• with the players started a 442 diamond would have made a lot more sense.

• I have no idea why we’ve stopped being able to score goals and at times it was like watching the Socceroos. Ninkovic was at least back to being Ninkovic tonight but we still sent in balls for the sake of it rather than trying to get play the right ball

• Corica needs to make a few changes for the next game. I’d be benching Brillante and Reza for Brosque and Ivanovic

100% but Corica is just trying to replicate Arnie’s formula and he isn’t going to move away from a flat 4-4-2.

Gucci dropped deep far too often. I guess Corica is telling him to play as a second striker but I always thought Gucci was much more dangerous the closer to goal he was. It also means he can’t really gel with ALF as quickly as we need.

These guys need to start taking some responsibility and shoot way more. Was it ALF that got through at the end and played that woeful cross to nobody? Just have a dig FFS! Should be comfortably 2nd by now.

And sitting in that sun today was fucking brutal, should have paid for the seat upgrade.

MOTM voting:

I’m at a loss as to how we can motivate the boys any more. They just don’t want to win which is unacceptable when we have one or the best squad’s this club has ever had.
It’s such a waste and such a shame.

It was almost like watching a game of FM where instead of having a shot, the AI decides to blast the ball wide for a throw-in.

Mind you, ALF handballed to control the ball so the goal would’ve been called back anyway

1 Like

Fold the club, farken.

3 Likes

You can watch the video highlights here.

After today’s game, we’ve won just 1 of our past 4 fixtures…

Not great form heading into the finals?

Corica’s game plan all year has been ‘yeh just sorta cross it into the box and see what happens’

teams now know we can’t break them down and can sit and hope for the best.

1 Like

Yeah pretty piss poor. The game against Wellington on the weekend is now super important. If we lose there we might be in a fight with the rest of the pack.