Round 2 - 2020/21 Discussion

Macarthur FC, transforming the league …

To be fair, those were two pretty tidy goals. Good to see for once, an Aussie youngster taking right options in a great position and executing perfectly.

1 Like

couldn’t even be bothered setting Slater up in a studio to commentate.

Staj is working wonders. Bozanic, Stensness and Nisbet is a very competent midfield and they were organised and desperate enough when needed at the back. Last year they’d have folded under the pressure so hopefully the confidence from being able to hold out sees them remain competitive all season.

Also love a good smash and grab, for all Macarthur’s pointless possession the only proper save Birrighitti made was from a deflection, and the clearest chances all went to CCM. Great stuff.

2 Likes

The bulls balls are very little.

1 Like

Oops, I mean bells, bloody spellcheck. :wink:

2 Likes

Milicic has already been found out. One game and his/Jolic’s simple game plan was easily countered.

Players that have been passable for the Mariners the last few seasons are playing out of their skin.

There seems a real team spirit in the squad and I think Ollie has made a real difference here. It was noticeable post game last week when he got them together for a chat.

The rift between Stajcic and Simon also appears to be healed. Genius move making him a coach and mentor. He is less renegade now and playing with real maturity.

I like the change of tactics as well. Dumping the curriculum rubbish and reliance on possession football, to one based on a solid defensive structure and more direct style of play.

The key now is to adjust when other teams play to our tactics.

8 Likes

It says something about a team when Jamieson is the best candidate for captain

2 Likes

Any team that uses Anthony Golec is not bound for good things.

Middleby - Busch - Prentice - Golec

3 Likes

Tillio did not have a great game. Hooked at 55ish mins. He has a window with Nabbout out but didn’t nail it.