Round 2 - Sydney FC vs Western Sydney - 16/1/21

Anyone else having trouble reserving their ticket?

Club’s FB page says all members need to reserve seats.

Instructions were to visit sydneyfc.com/reserve then enter the membership barcode and click ‘Unlock tickets’, then select from any of the $0 tickets you have a membership for.

However with my bronze membership, all tickets show a price meaning I need to buy tickets…

Didn’t even get a member’s email about this, it was just something that popped up on my Facebook feed. I wonder how many people will just turn up with their membership cards and be turned away, or be made to reserve tickets via the Ticketek website on their phone whilst in a queue to get in, guaranteed to be a frustrating experience…

I’m a Silver member so can’t comment on the process for Bronze. Suggest flicking the club a quick email. They are always very responsive!

1 Like

I reserved a seat back in December, got an allocated seat and all, silver membership. Confirmation email from Ticketek as well. Dug out the email this morning, intending to print off my ticket. No ticket attached. Submitted a complaint to Ticketek, awaiting a response. Anyone else in the same boat?

by comments here and elsewhere i think absolutely everyone is in the same boat and no-one has received tix yet.

1 Like

Given that COVID restrictions can kick in at a moment’s notice, the tickets will probably be held back till the last minute.

1 Like

This

I feel like you’re giving ticketek WAY too much credit here. They’re probably still trying to figure out how to send tickets, for the millionth time…

2 Likes

He lacks pace, but hes a good shout to be one of the wide players in a back 3. Can push forward and overload, and can pass. Too many teams here (and everywhere) play 3 plodders when playing 3/5 at the back, Robinson likes at least 1 to get involved. I like that.

Looking at you Rudes.

Mine’s just come through in the e mails

Actually that Japanese bloke has become quite good and gets forward well.

The Cove Facebook is hinting at ‘the return’ this weekend. Does that mean active support is back?

There was also this short hype reel:

pretty sure restrictions are still in place

So with the masks…

Glasses for a foggy view or no glasses for a blurry view?

1 Like

You’re allowed to remove the mask to drink, so if you load up and manage sips appropriately…

Nah, I had the same issue in the ‘gong and went with fog. But next few days I’m experimenting with different lense cleaners and folding a tissue inside the mask which is supposed to help. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m going the ‘wear my glasses further from the bridge of my nose’ route, which seems to help.

1 Like

This may be a stupid suggestion as I don’t wear glasses but why not use contact lenses?

Probably because sticking fingers in your eyes is a bit icky

Yeah, sticking fingers is icky; and (my level of) near-sightedness is such a mild impediment that attending football games is a significant proportion of the times in my life when I meaningfully benefit from wearing glasses, and it just hasn’t been worth overcoming that squeamishness.

It’s the only thing that slowly stops the ache