Round 2 - Sydney FC vs Western Sydney - 16/1/21

Come on, you’re a sailor, you’ve definitely done worse with your fingers.

hard to get used to and obviously expensive. I’ve worn contacts most of my life and even I sometimes forget, rub my eyes and have to walk around with one in one out till I get home

I ration my contacts and tend to only use them when glasses are impractical and / or dangerous. That’s pretty much down to playing football, throwing darts or being face-ridden by the missus.

surely prescription goggles would work here?

1 Like

It is ANZ stadium, so…

opera_binoculars_-_Google_Search

5 Likes

Given the distance from the field, this would be more appropriate.

5 Likes

Opera glasses are just standard use for any member of Cove Heights anyway.

5 Likes

On the rare occasion I’ve had to wear one, I found if you wore it higher up your nose and used your glasses to hold it down up top, it reduced the fogging significantly.

in retrospect kind of glad this will be at ANZ. no grab for tickets necessary for members and a cap of 4.5k or so at jubilee would just be depressing.

Corica saying nieuwenhof copped a knock at training & may be out.

It’s good that we can get a larger crowd in, but it’s still ANZ - the largest, most cavernous ground in our fair city.

That sucks.

Just noticed that it’s back to being called Stadium Australia. ANZ sponsorship must have lapsed.

Yeah, it lapsed a few months back.

Yeah it did back in January 1st.

Big loss considering his form.

That’s a real shame. I guess that Retre is probably the one then, unless Corica wants to go with the more attacking Caceres option, but I doubt he’ll want to do that.

hopefully corica is just f*cking with them

though that said i am not overly disappointed at playing Retre/Caceres - both experienced players that have played big games before.

I was super keen to see Caceres for 65mins the ABJ coming on. ABJ is so much better off the bench. He will do a job at CM but its not ideal.

1 Like

Yeah, out CM position is more CDM and while ABJ has put in a bit more defensive work lately he’s not up to the task of playing that role.