Round 2 - Sydney FC vs Western Sydney - 16/1/21

Sorry, I meant I wanted to keep AC at RM/RW. ABJ in CM would be a shitshow. :grinning:

1 Like

Was surprised the club had a live derby pre-match show… Had no idea it was coming. It’s on YT.

Brosquey and Hill.

2 Likes

Great to have Hill on our books.

They have done a number of these types of shows last year. Really love them!

As long as he’s only “injured” until the transfer window closes.

Milos Ninkovic could see it in pre-season. Luke Brattan saw it in Qatar. They both agree: the hype around Sydney FC teenager Calem Nieuwenhof is real and justified.

Milos Ninkovic
“I’ve spoken to him a couple of times. I just said to him to play every game like he’s at training. If he’s relaxed he can play well. If he’s not relaxed he can’t show the potential he has. He’s relaxed anyway, on and off the field. I said before the season that he can be one of the guys who can most surprise everyone. Obviously, he’s very talented — if you watched the Champions League games he was amazing.I’m so happy for him, he’s a really nice guy and very talented, and if he keeps playing and working this way he will have a very big career.”

Luke Brattan
“He’s good to play with. He’s still got a lot to learn, but that will come with game time and experience, and soaking up the knowledge with the boys around him. He is very chilled and because he’s good on the ball, he maybe slows things down a little bit sometimes. There’s not just one thing, there’s a lot of things you need to work on as a kid. Communication’s a big one — the more you talk the easier the game is.”

Full story:

3 Likes

Obviously want to get the win tomorrow, but I hope we exhaust the hell out of them too. They’re playing CCM on Tuesday, so a pretty quick turnaround.

It will be like the Arnie years, run them ragged and then bring on Matt Simon, albeit a few days later.

5 Likes

What is this guy smoking?

"recent Western Sydney success in derbies is likely to continue this Saturday night at Stadium Australia.

New Wanderers manager Carl Robinson has already begun to imprint his hard-nosed style on the squad and despite its best being still many months away, there was much attacking mojo evident in the 2-1 win over the Jets last Friday.

The club’s recruitment has been impressive and extensive, with James Troisi, Ziggy Gordon, Bernie Ibini and Graham Dorrans now joining Simon Cox, Nicolai Muller, Keanu Baccus, Dylan McGowan and Tate Russell in what is a potentially dominant starting team."

haha, love it!

The Hof is listed as available!

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 3. Ben WARLAND, 4. Alex WILKINSON ©, 5. Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6. Ryan McGOWAN, 7. Michael ZULLO, 8. Paulo RETRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 19.Chris ZUVELA, 20.Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk), 21. Harry VAN der SAAG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 28.Calem NIEUWENHOF, 33.Pat WOOD

2-4 to be omitted

Ins: 8. Paulo RETRE (return from injury), 21. Harry VAN der SAAG (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 9. BOBÔ (Returning to match fitness), 30. Adam PAVLESIC (GK) (indefinite – collarbone)

1 Like

Arnie mind games 2.0

3 Likes

https://www.sydneyfc.com/video/our-top-memorable-derby-moments

Fire up, CUNTS!!

8 Likes

Good times

1 Like

So good even seeing Bobo in the squad list.

1 Like

Hope it’s ok to post this here, if not, please delete.

Got a spare ticket in section 130, row 26 (so not so close the ad boards obscure your view of the near touchline). Paid $55 but happy to let it go for $30 or next best offer (if you send me a PM and would like it for free, it’s yours).

4 Likes

3 Likes

Fire up cunts. COVID or no Covid let’s settle the score with these scumbags.

2 Likes

The Wanderers are annoying and I hope we beat them by two goals, after Ibini puts one in, jumps the fence, kisses the badge and then has it disallowed.