Round 21 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 8/5/21

How the fuck are we in second place?

I’m making churros.

Does anyone else want churros?

6 Likes

We could easily have won that game with better finishing - a mantra for our season.

Weren’t even that solid defensively which is a new frustration. Looked really shakey at times now two weeks in a row.

Let’s get back to Arnie ball. Sit back for 30 mins, wait till the opposition is tired, then hit them with some sexy football.

Unbelievable that we are 2nd on the ladder…

1 Like

That won’t last long.

Absolute dogshit performance, forget about the VAR decision because it got balanced out by a complete fluke OG anyway.

Players and Corica should all be embarrassed, exceptions maybe Buhagiar, Ivanovic and Redmayne (and Ninkovic of course).

Yuel and that Westie should have put us away late on.

Kosta was especially pathetic, so were Caceres and ABJ. Someone needs to put a rocket up these guys.

1 Like

That was the little period in the season that should have locked up a top 2 spot and we completely blew it.

Against teams like Western, Adelaide and Brisbane we’ll be lucky to get a couple of points and instead making the finals will be a close thing…

1 Like

The game between us and Wanderers on 23 May might be a battle for a finals spot, and they will beat us. Calling it now.

I have to wait until 8:05 to take a train to Wyong to then take a bus until nearly 11 after watching Sydney draw to the absolute shittest Jets side. But hey, I got to see Abbas play. Too bad it wasn’t for us.

EDIT: Yes, we drew. I’m tired.

3 Likes

They have a week of rest, we have a few days. Guaranteed we will fuck that game up.

We’ve beaten one top 6 team all season!

We beat ourselves most week tbf

1 Like

MOTM voting

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2021/05/08/player-of-the-season-2020-21/

we drew but i get what you mean

1 Like

A draw and we’re folding the sport. Imagine if we’d lost.

Don’t be a dick.

It’s clearly more than one result people are disappointed with.

2 Likes

LOL. I’m annoyed too but a bit of perspective is required.

1 Like

Enlighten us.

1 Like