Round 21 - Sydney FC vs Wellington - 17/07/20

also doesn’t help with increased cases starting to hit Sydney now. You’ll have a fair few people wanting to avoid any types of crowds

Yep, we’re not going because we’re not confident this thing is under control.

Good ol Ticketek. Just got my tickets for tomorrow night emailed, there are no seat numbers on them!

I think the idea is that you’re allocated a row that will have adequate empty seats. It says in bold writing that it’s the patron’s responsibility to socially distance when seating themselves in their allocated row. The guidelines appear to be that only family/household groups should sit directly next to each other, so I guess it’s too difficult to allocate seat numbers without knowing whether the tickets are all for people in the same household or not.

Yeah, but the original email I received had us in seats 49-50! So which is it??

Oh, you’re right, I just noticed that on my email too. Strange.

My heart wanted me to go but my head won , now that I’m in the COVID “High Risk” category because of my age I decided not to make the trip up from Canberra , I’ll watch the game from home. Let’s hope we smash the last few games in style and lift both trophies.
Enjoy the game lads :+1:

2 Likes

Same here, but based on going to NRL games during this time I think this is right

You just to pick a seat in your row with your group and then keep 2 seats empty between your group and another group. The row in front and behind of you will be totally empty.

1 Like

We can all be dreamy

404 page not found

You just aint dreamy.

Just trying to “read the room”, but who all is going to be wearing a mask tomorrow?

The Brosque beard cutout doesnt count.

This should be standard practice moving forward, even well after this COVID pandemic.

11 Likes

I won’t be. If you look at society in general, not many people are wearing masks, in fact the advice from the government is that you don’t need to unless you are sick (in which case you should be isolating anyway).

EDIT: I’ll add that I really don’t feel that attending the game, with all the measures that they have in place, will be vastly different to going to the supermarket.

1 Like

I went to the sharks panthers game at kogarah on Sunday.

• They have boxes painted on the hill for people to stay in.
  • people disinfecting bins etc constantly
  • No drinking while standing (lol) which they were SUPER STRICT on enforcing for some dumb reason.
  • If people in adjacent rows were too close to another group, they were told to move down so there was adequate space.
  • the indoor bar on the hill was shut, but one below was open. But again for some stupid reason you could only buy your drinks from the food outlet. They then shouted your order to the drinks area for you to collect. Can see it all turning to shit with more people drinking.

I’m going on Tuesday, so be interesting to see the difference

This same restriction applies to all licensed venues so I would say that it is an extension of that.

Yeah, we’re on the hill tomorrow night and at the away end corner flag (main stand side) on Tuesday, so I figure as long as we refrain from touching anything, that’s “open air” enough for me to feel reasonably safe.

How does that work if you are standing in the cove? Or does that mean the cove must be seated?

I won’t be (fogs my glasses) but equally I wouldn’t judge anyone who chooses to. It makes a lot of sense to me.

The smell of piss from the Cove end toilets alone should make it mandatory going forward.

I’m with the open air/supermarket theory. Sounds like there will actually be more space between everyone than the local shopping centre.

However it is suppose to rain all day and into the night and I don’t want the kids sitting in the freezing cold while getting wet for a couple hours.