Round 21 - Sydney FC vs Wellington - 17/07/20

Only 0-3mm of rain forecast tomorrow, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Cold with the chance of 3mm of rain, proper football weather.

DC5815C5-644B-492C-963E-190CE2DCB516

2 Likes

It’s mainly to try and limit movement even within the groups to allow for easier policing. For bars, it would naturally limit the number of people that could get in based on the number of seats they have.

If you’re siting down, you’re less likely to smack into someone walking passed or even less likely to mingle with a separate group. Considering the weight demographic of our 20 year old over weight uni students, I’d say standing up post goal would be a bigger effort than just sitting and golf clapping :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will be. It’s not totally necessary but it’s an easy precaution to take. I’m not going to be the guy who’s infectious without realising it and shuts the league down again.

1 Like

Seems like we’re both one of the few teams not to lose visa players over covid. Should be a good match

Going on the account of what happened at the NRL I would assume that if you are drinking in The Cove or anywhere else in the ground then you will be asked to sit down. Failure to comply, I would imagine, would result in you being removed from the venue for failing to adhere to COVID Safe protocols. Given that it is a legal requirement for the venue to ensure all measures are taken to comply with the restrictions or cop a $50k fine and/or be shut down, I would assume that it will be rigidly enforced.

Pretty much, if you are asked to sit down by a stadium official do it. The remaining games may end up being played behind closed doors if you don’t.

It’s going to be a long day waiting for kick-off.

1 Like

Also my last day before my leave starts. The time dilation is pulling double duty for me.

1 Like

It still feels optimistic to assume that this is going ahead tonight…

1 Like

Tonight should be fine at least. There are only 6 community transmissions for Covid in NSW yesterday. They are expecting over 400 in Victoria though for yesterday so who knows what’s going to happen next week

1 Like

very excited for tonight and welcoming the boys back onto the pitch, has been too long.

Game day!

What a long off-season. Can’t wait for the season opener tonight.

Didn’t pay much attention to the pre-season results… how did we go?

Hope we challenge for the league title again, but would take a top 4 spot!

We’re gonna get arse blasted!

1 Like

we are starting 8 points clear with a few games in hand, so things are looking up to say the least.

Is anybody aware of radio coverage for tonight’s game? My football nation Don t appear to be coveongvthis game…

Haven’t been on the Fox Sports website in a while. Interesting that they have the A-League page under Football so far down the selection panel… even sitting after the W-League!!

1 Like

Talk about overt FFA favouritism. The conspiracy theorists will have a field day.

Jinxy McJinxface

Look up NSL and C7 sport if you weren’t around in the 90s.

1 Like

1 Like

It didn’t feel real, going to the stadium for a game.

Then it started raining. All is right.

2 Likes