Round 21 - Sydney FC vs WSW - 18/3/23

Two weeks seems in line with similar incidents this season.

Is there any risk that an appeal extends it? Because…

X-Files theme song

No chance it will get overturned IMO, but imagine the salt if they did… it could be our largest source of export revenue for the next 3 decades.

1 Like

Would be even greater if they overturn and Burgess scores from a questionable penalty…

1 Like

Insert lizard people meme here

1 Like

Nah, Hand of Payne mkII. VAR then doesn’t intervene as their cameras “suspiciously” stop working. :smirk:

1 Like

I wonder how Corica will find a way to change up the backline again.

Surely it’s time for

King—Wilko—Gurd—Grant?

1 Like

Perhaps a Napoleonic battle tactic?

2 Likes

Probably just my subconscious telling me where I’d rather be than at Moore Park, watching Sydney FC this weekend…

1 Like

Struggling to really care about this fixture given that we played them just barely a month ago.

The sooner we move to a proper home and away season the better.

3 Likes

Agree. Happy to have a 1-0 win as our last outing against them as opposed to our likely loss this weekend, particularly since Max is out and he provides approximately half of this team’s spark these days.

On proper home and away, you’d assume that’s why the APL want the expansion to 16 teams.

We’re still owed a few home games though, they had 2/3 at Substandard every season that Moore Park was under construction, the agreement was that we’d then host 2/3 for the next 4 years once it re-opened.

After that I’m all for proper home and away. /OCD

I think there is this season and next. Then with expanded 14 teams it should be regular H+A for 26 rounds which is too short, but is the same number as now

Mountains to the coast…

14 Likes

Got this from on Reddit A-league.

Made me even more nervous for Saturday :cocktail: :beer:

SOB that’s sick AF!

1 Like

“Alex Parsons has a minor strain of his MCL following a training collision on Tuesday. He is expected to be available in a month’s time and is aiming to be back for the end of the season.”

Flattering for the scum, but they did cop a 95’ goal from Perth last week.

You know what would be poetic justice.

Rodwell coming on in the last 10 minutes, scores locked at 1-1. And he scores an amazing scenes goal in the 90+4th minute.

Brandon Borello post game:

Mark Rudan post game:

Steve Corica post game:

We can all hope…

4 Likes

Comes on and scores the winner, then pulls a hammy in the celebrations