Round 24 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 6/4/19

…which reminds me, does anyone have at hand a message from big Filip to those southern subbies?

I’m still not over the fact that we were robbed of that penalty.

Always:

https://twitter.com/scouse_roar/status/861163692183793664?s=19

2 Likes

Just on that, I caught the tail end of their set, and it appeared that neither Rubens Barrichello, Zadkovic or Loftus-Cheek were part of the line-up. What a gyp.

4 Likes

They were all on a bender in Menagle. Rock and rollers! Sheesh! (rolls eyes)

For this Sat night.

This match has always been a challenge which is why for me it holds significantly more importance than the crosstown derby which in recent years is pretty much a rusted on opportunity to laugh at the Wanderers pathetic feebleness.

2 Likes

No worse than watching Olympic from the top of the grandstand at Belmore. :smiley:

West suburbs is just a geographical derby and nothing more.
This is the real derby as the two biggest and most successful clubs from the best city and melbourne go head to head.

Por que no los dos?

1 Like

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jop van der LINDEN, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Danny DE SILVA, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE, 16.Reza GHOOCHANNEJHAD, 17.Anthony CACERES, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 22.Siem DE JONG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 31.Luke IVANOVIC two to be omitted

Ins: 5.Jop van der LINDEN (promoted), 31. Luke IVANOVIC (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (ACL - indefinite), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19.Chris ZUVELA (ACL – indefinite).

Melbourne Victory squad: 1.Matthew ACTON (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Corey BROWN, 4.Keisuke HONDA, 5.Georg NIEDERMEIER, 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7. Kenny ATHIU, 8. Terry ANTONIS, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.James TROISI, 11.Ola TOIVONEN, 14. Thomas DENG, 16.Josh HOPE, 17. James DONACHIE, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (gk), 21.Carl VALERI, 24. Elvis KAMSOBA, 25.Anthony LESIOTIS two to be omitted

Ins: 7.Kenny ATHIU (promoted), 25.Anthony LESIOTIS (promoted),
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 15.Raul BAENA (hamstring)

Same again please. Except Brillante in for Caceres with Retre to RM so that we HTFU in midfield.

And Ivanovic on the bench instead of DDS for a different option. Having Reza and Siem to unleash if needed is great (the latter still being nursed back and to be protected from MV’s butchers this week). But seems a waste to have both Siem and DDS on the same bench, you could tell last week DDS was going to be last cab off the rank.

Western Sydney are a disease of the skin. Melbourne Victory are a disease of the soul.

4 Likes

But I can drive to Belmore!

I agree but as you say it is MV and so we will definitely need a defender on the bench to replace an injured player, so Tratt, Siem, Retre, Reza/Brosque works for me.

Bossi reporting we will start with the same line-up:

Anyone else miss Seba loads when we play these shits?

5 Likes

I’d put de Jong and Reza in … this game is big and worth going all in on. A positive result and we make our finals run that bit easier. We should be doing everything to keep MV below us on the ladder.

I like having a difference maker on the bench a la Super Dave. I’d keep either Reza or Siem fresh. I’d bring Josh back in with the instructions to kick people. And I’d tell him to grow his beard back.

3 Likes

… and I’d fly Holosko back to be ground announcer.

2 Likes