Round 25 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 10/8/20

Completely blanked that we have a game tomorrow. This schedule is impossible to follow.

1 Like

I suggest we start lubricating the peaches now ahead of tomorrow evenings bagguetting.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Tomorrow would have been the perfect “play the kids” game and getting minutes into Warland and Zuvela as part of their recoveries. Given the patchy performances of the side since the resumption though, I think the line up will be as close to full strength as fitness will allow, trying to build momentum heading into the finals.

You could argue that giving them minutes is also a chance for them to push for a starting spot, given some of the patchy performances of late. I don’t think Corica will do it, but it would be nice if he does.

I think we need at least a few games where we click for the whole 90mins and get some confidence back. We’ve been patchy AF since restart.

1 Like

I feel like we’ve been really patchy since the restart

But maybe we’ll start being peachy now?

I’m struggling to care about this game

not enough peaches

And people want 1st past the post

Not caring about two games after the premiership is wrapped up or don’t care about 25 games because the whole season is meaningless?

The former, 100%

I, for one, am happy with the patchy performances and downturn in form since the resumption. Memberships in the Fold The Club club are going through the roof though they’re still well off the exponential growth in numbers that the WSW chapter are experiencing.

2 Likes

Some changes

It’s good that each player is essentially playing in their position (except perhaps for Ivonavic, depending on where you think he should play).

Ivanović doesn’t have the technique to play there. If we wanted to play him, it should’ve been while resting ALF.

I also would love to know what’s going on with Zullo. Not even on the bench?

Not sure if Ivanovic has the strength and grunt (yet?) to play MF. People underestimate how much tackling Ninko does because we tend to be blinded by his more beautiful moments with the ball. Hopefully Ivanovic can step up and lean in more. Great to see Flottman getting a start and I hope Warland gets some time too.
Would love to see Zuvela get more time. I am hoping he is the DM destroyer we need next to Brattan to release Brattan to move higher up the pitch where he can do so much more damage.

As I’ve said previously, I think he’ll be at Macarthur next season.
He’s on a massive wage and, if the salary cap is being slashed, has a like for like replacement with a whole lot of upside already at the club who has deputised for him for the majority of the season.

1 Like

I just cannot get up for this game. A Monday night dead rubber is just about the least exciting thing.

1 Like

A good 3-0 win please.

2 Likes