Round 25 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 10/8/20

Ninko should have buried that

Good effort

Did better in the 2nr half but a bit meh

An improvement but still not good enough.

Wenzel Halls should move south to a proper club

1 Like

I feel Taskmaster had it’s moments but just felt stilted in comparison with the free form hilarity of this evening’s 8 out of 10 cats.

2 Likes

We’re very counter-attackable.

Mr Hillbilly , you’ve lost me (scratch head emoji thing)
:stuck_out_tongue:

I think we are short of 1 solid defender , McGowan is a bit hit and miss lately.

Just watch SBS viceland at half 7 tomorrow evening.

Ok

1 Like

I liked it how we have a bunch of different guys a run.
I liked it that we saw some hint that Kosta may lift out of his slump.
I like it how Ivanovic scores when he starts, and doesn’t even need a full game to do so.

5 Likes

MOTM voting

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/08/10/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

7 Likes

Since competition resumed, we’ve score 6 goals in 5 games.

Of those:

• Buhagiar has 2
  • Caceres has 1
  • Ivanovic has 1

Of our ‘normal’ starting XI, Alfie has the other 2 (1 was a penalty, the other a beautifully worked sequence of Harry -> Buhagiar -> Alfie for a tap in)

Obviously it would be remiss not to also mention Buhagiar’s goals were setup by silky Ninko through balls.

So good to see the rest of the squad not only getting minutes, but also getting starts and making it count when they do.

1 Like

It would also be remiss not to also mention that Kosta has scored zero goals since the restart. That has to change very soon. Hopefully Ivanovic’s performance last night is a bit of a wake-up call for him or even Baumjohann.

Thought Kosta was very good last night - apart from not scoring. Worked his socks off all over the pitch. Seems to be snatching a bit at opportunities in front of goal. Similar story with Alf too, huge amounts of work but seemingly a little out of sorts up front.

1 Like

I get the impression from their on-field interactions (or lack of) that there’s some coolness between Kosta and Alf. Alf in general seems to be fairly grumpy a lot of the time, but seems, to me, to be pissed off with Barbarousses’ efforts much of the time. Anyone else picking this up?

There’s some strange body language. Possibly over analysing it but I noticed it yesterday (possibly a self fulfilled SFCU prophecy).

Nah they always look grumpy until one of them scores and then they’re best mates

1 Like