Round 26 - Sydney FC vs Perth Glory - 18/4/19

Perfectly adequate against a second string team.

Finding it hard to get up for this though. Thursday games are weird even before a public holiday.

Caceres playing well. Been stringing a couple of decent performances together lately.

Yep. But its Chris Beath. He had to recapture the center of attention. If Zelic was present, I’m sure he’d have said similar.

I actually thought he stuffed the chance for the goal but he obviously looked up and realised he was up against Chianese at LB so he just decided to try and make space again. Good, and actually pretty smart play.

You’d really expect Siem to be the one finishing off his groin.

1 Like

Really like SdJ as second striker.

Retre with the underlaps works well.

Also SDJ is putting in a shift here. Great to see.

Ninko has been absolutely sublime tonight.

Get in the book you scumbag

We are looking pretty crap to finish this off.

Fuck we are boring this year.

Crucial win that one. Massive pressure on Melbourne now.

1 Like

Fuck all you doubters, we did that in a canter.

It’s still boss turning up against the minor premiers and knowing we’re gonna win.

1 Like

Made it look shaky for 5 minutes, but controlled the rest of the game. I’ll take it.

1 Like

Was a bit nervous towards the end but we should be gaining a reputation by now for being able to close games out like this if we need to, and it will be very important to have that quality come finals time.

Grant was typical Grant. Covered every blade of grass and won so many balls he had no right to win. I also think Brillante deserves a lot of credit. Very tidy in possession and broke up play nicely. Exactly what we need from him, no more, no less.

2 Likes

I think we have the highest points hall for a team finishing second now.

Wasn’t pretty at all but we got the three points we needed

MOTM voting is open

Have a feeling it’s also our third highest points haul after the past two years.

1 Like

Yep that’s correct.

That makes for a pretty impressive debut season, even if it hasn’t felt it at times. Just need to get over the line next week, or hope Adelaide do is a favour.

1 Like