Round 26 - Sydney FC vs Perth Glory - 18/4/19

Tards fail to win and 2nd place is sorted.

‘mon Pissants.

2 Likes

If i had just one wish,thats the one!

I really prefer de jong as the second striker to Reza. De Jong drops a bit deeper waiting for a cut back which gives alf more space up front. Whereas Reza and Alfie just don’t work together.

Also I think he went under the radar a bit but Calver was super last night

2 Likes

Whereas the Mariner’s points hall is so low that even ants struggle to enter.

2 Likes

Plus his pressing was astonishingly good at times for someone with the injury problems he’s had.

1 Like

Agree strongly with both these points.

Reza has been largely rubbish.

1 Like

Not so sure “largely rubbish” is correct.

He definitely hasnt risen to the heights that most expected but hes fulfilled the Asian spot for ACL.Coming in for half a season isnt ideal.

The great Thiery Henri took a lot of games to start scoring for Arsenal.

Reza may or may not work out,Caceres has only just(in last 3 games)justified his signing.

Half a dozen games to go(and maybe more),lets wait and see.

1 Like

Gucci has shown he doesn’t have the skill set or nous set to play a second striker role. De Jong seems to have more of an idea of how to play alongside ALF, though, and provide the kind of sneaky runs or peeling away from markers that defenders hate. Gucci has very much failed in that department. It’s probably time we set up SDJ and ALF together up front for the big games coming up (Shanghai away and A-League finals). Gucci could probably start in the fifth ACL game because that will give someone a rest ahead of the home A-League semi final.

We could well get a win in Shanghai, but in all honesty I’m really not expecting it. We had a great chance last time at home and blew it. SIPG have an extraordinary attack for an AFC club and at home they are going to be incredibly tough to beat.

Reza wasn’t getting regular game time in Cyprus and has been thrown into a new league with hard/shit pitches, hot weather, within cap into a system that doesn’t suit him - he is a brown Alfie. He’s done alright. People need 15% more realism about how football works before shitting on every player.

SdJ has shown glimpses of insane quality. For USD700kpa he could be the best value player ever if he had a bit of luck with injuries. 50% of his injuries are due to him having a few physical frailties and the other 50% are bad luck.

1 Like

SIPG’s big three all played 90 min last night in a scoreless draw away.

Quality rant. Would read again.

I’m probably a bit sensitive when it comes to SdJ. He is an amazing player to watch when he is on it and you can see why he was an EPL player 3 yrs ago. He strikes me as the test for people who get football and where he sit in the world hierarchy and people who are annoyed Messi doesnt play for us.

Sardines all the way!