Round 27 Discussion - yep the season is still going

Amazing to watch

And for the commentary team to try and claim he deliberately did it was a thing of genius.

In the celebration afterwards you could clearly see Wenzel-Halls ask Eric “what the fuck was that?”.

FFS the keeper could have saved that botched panenka if he actually tried. I think he was in shock and froze.

Also WTF is with this Fowler appointment? Has he even coached before? Are they that desperate to get bums on seats they think hiring Fowler will get Livershites in the door? Could be a worse coaching signing than Jardel was as a marquee.

Yes, but it was a single stint as player-coach in Thailand IIRC. It lasted less than a year and he was sacked. I wouldn’t be too excited if I was a Brisbane fan.

He’s done some work with the LFC Academy since but exactly what is shrouded in some mystery. I assume it’s only assisting strikers / finishing related and on a consulting basis, not full time.

Now that’s soft defending.

You could say that for both goals. Jamieson could’ve laid out a mat for himself and still landed that cross for McGree, such was the time on the ball.

Well could City nab 5th?

I don’t care if P&R isn’t introduced for another 20 years, Brisbane and CCM should go down as punishment for this season.

2 Likes

A good public flogging would also deter this kind of shit.

Sam Graham providing some stiff competition for the title too.

Guess it makes Welly’s game a must not lose for them. That’s something for this weekend at least?

Sotorio is a winger though. You can get away with shit wide guys who run a lot.

Pepper has pretty much started every game at CB. Amazing. There’s no hiding back there.

I dare say its a no-contest. Jacob Pepper is a local player, so you can cop seeing some truly shit locals running around the league to an extent. However, Sam Graham is a foreign player brought in on loan. Utterly inexcusable. Graham played 7 games for Oldham in League Two for the first half of the English season. Who the fuck did the Mariners think they were getting?

2 Likes

In addition to the usual horrific marking and getting beaten high up the pitch, he managed to get in his now trademark tripping over the ball when under no pressure too. I swear I’ve seen that move in every game he’s played.

That both seems like old news. Riera wanted to leave before the season started and Baumjohann clearly hasn’t gotten on with Babbel

So if they actually made the finals, would they have been ‘allowed’ to play at Bankwest?

I just figured they didnt have a home regular season game after itd be open.

I hope to see a lot of red being flourished by the ref.

I hope to see a lot of red from gaping wounds.