Round 27 Discussion - yep the season is still going

What a goal. Unbelievable header.

Kosta :rofl::rofl: You gimp.

I’m laughing at the title of this thread. I’m the biggest HAL fan out there but even I’m thinking this season is taking longer than a wet week. Get on with the finals ffs

Rudans gone for a bit rest too.

Melbourne Derby might be off the cards after all. And unless Roy works wonders off the bench a point should be enough for Castro to claim the Alex Tobin.

they really shouldnt play ‘the distance derby’ as a final game of the season

With the Perth v Wellington match being the last of the season, there is still one slot still to determine. If Wellington loses this game by two goals or more then there will not be a Melbourne Derby elimination final. If Wellington loses by one goal then Wellington and City will be equal on points and goal difference ( I am not sure what the third deciding factor is but if it is Goals For then Wellington is streets ahead).

001%20-%20Delete

Nux really need to only lose by 1. The league really needs a derby final here to generate some interest. A possible chain of Victory vs Wellington and Adelaide vs City is pretty uninspiring

1 Like

If Nix lose by 1, then Nix and MelC would be on equal points, equal GD, but Nix have scored far more goals so they’d still be 5th, if that’s how the tie breaker works…

Argh, fuck off

If Waine is off-contract at the end of the season, I think we have a vacancy for a left-sided forward

Victory vs Welly could be a great final.

Seems he’s got another year at school to go.

If the teachers in Wellington are preparing him for life after school, they should be teaching him Spanish and Dutch.

I’d like to hear Kenny Lowe call a game, couldn’t be worse than Nick Meredith

That’s probably the Alex Tobin for Castro then.

So thats MV vs Welly/ Pissants v Shitty, right?

Someone will have to scrape the bottom of the petty cash tin… I mean marketing budget at Whitlam Square tomorrow morning seeing as “Melbourne derby” won’t be able to promote the Finals on its own.

The real fun will be if Nux beat Victory and theres no Melbourne or Sydney Derby or Big Blue or Original Derby or whatever they call Adelaide/Victory.

I don’t understand what the nix were thinking sending out a understrength team in this game? Mv are tougher than Adelaide, then if you beat them you then play a team that has absolutely battered you 2 weeks prior?

1 Like