Round 27 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 27/04/19

Tilio is a midget but looks a very handy player, hopefully we see him on the bench.

Guaranteed to be an unchanged side

1 Like

Tilio wasnā€™t picked though. Heā€™s got Ivanovic ahead of him as well at this point.

Who?

1 Like

No Hoole!!!

Who?

1 Like

Iā€™m going to have this song in my head as our XI are announced on the stadium PA:

1 Like

King starts and a couple of other changes.

Ivanovic should be starting, seems a bit strange

2 Likes

Yeah would have preferred to see Ivanovic and Devlin start too. Happy to see King and Tratt start though

1 Like

Whatā€™s also the thoughts on King? Has he been a stand out or more getting a run because he plays a position we lack depth in? Is he more an attacking or defensive fullback?

Who the fuck is King?

1 Like

Why is Milos playing if he was unwell midweek and had a trip back from China? And why hasnā€™t Alfie been given a single rest all season? And why not give Oā€™Neill a rest for the big push to come?

As is often the case, I have issues with our inflexibility. This is a dead rubber FFS.

1 Like

This is no place for treason.

3 Likes

Yeah, thought Le Fondre and Wilko should get a rest for sure.

Attacking full back, at least thatā€™s how he has played that position.

Heā€™s not ever seemed a standout to me in the side, but he was always solid. Still a fair bit to learn about positioning but he never looked out of place in the NPL.

1 Like

Milos is in with a shot of the Johnny Warren and with a game today and then nothing for a bit after Tuesday I dont mind giving him a 60 minute or so hit out. If hes fully over his sickness its fine to play.

Alfie is used to long English seasons so I dont think he need a rest. Oā€™Neill too seems supremenly fit- that said I wouldnt have minded seeing Retre/Caceres in the middle. id say Wilko maybe could have done with a rest.

I guess the counter argument to too many changes is ā€œmomentumā€ and to ā€œkeep winningā€.

Retre?

Was anyone is danger of a yellow ticket that meant anything? Happy enough with that rotation, just as long as Bernie or Devlin get on before Austin.

Hereā€™s how Newy line up by the way:

A little bit of rotation but not much. No Vargas.