Round 27 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 27/04/19

Probably just given a rest after playing a decent amount lately. Devlin needs game time more than him

Looking lively out there. I really hope Reza gets one tonight.

Been a bit impatient. Gone for some long range shots when we could build pressure

Do they not practice shooting at goal?

DDS has had a few nice touches.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t known what a final ball is tonight. So many good positions wasted. This game is very open

Insightful analysis from the sideline eye (whoever that is). The points that the Jets have failed to pick up is the reason they arenā€™t in the finals.

Grant is playing like he wants to score and I think thatā€™s hurting us a bit.

King looking alright. Heā€™s making those underlapping runs which help our attacks so much.

1 Like

King looks pretty confident. Has (just) made his first error, and has been good for his first start.

Yeah heā€™s gotten forward weā€™ll. Hasnā€™t really been tested in defence

Some of our passing has been great but still rubbish crossing for the most part.

Dead rubbers are never all that inspiring but dead rubbers against such mediocre opposition are fucking dire.

The hell was Redmayne doing?

Not redders best moment of the season

He shouldā€™ve dived as soon as he couldnā€™t get past.

Terrible considering weā€™ve been dominating. We have been too slow in our build up as has been an issue for much of season despite bossing possession. And worse of all that fckn thug Kunterovski ā€¦

Once again some better finishing wouldā€™ve been nice.

I like that reza is being selfish. If he was in form itā€™d be a lot better though

1 Like

King has been really good, watched a lot of him from the away bay. First 10 mins Wilko talked to him constantly (possible reason for Calver having a rest? He usually plays left of Wilko but makes sense to have Wilko next to King) but as soon as it was clear he was up to it heā€™s been left to himself a lot more. Defended well when he had to, been tidy on the ball, and has gotten forward and stretched themā€¦ the others have just been less likely to play the early diagonal release like they usually do blindfolded to Zullo.

Hopefully thatā€™s Redders last howler out of the way, and yeah, Rezaā€¦ happy to errr ā€œsave himā€ entirely for ACL from here on in.

Bugger