Round 3 - City vs Sydney FC - 3/11/23

I cant see us winning this
Shit house 0-0 draw perhaps

Big news with Rado gone!

And here comes the new coach bounceā€¦ bastards

2 Likes

Congrats to those who picked it in the predictions thread.

2 matches into the new season surely had to be a record?

Better than dragging it on for yearsā€¦

Thatā€™s incredible. What the hell is going on down there!

Richest club in the world and they replace Rado Vidosic with Aurelio Vidmarā€¦ Jesus

1 Like

I wish our club would take some lessons from City about being more ruthless.

Weā€™re the only team to not score a goal yet either to add to our woes.

Rodwell has been one of our worst signings ever, but equally the games and minutes heā€™s played heā€™s probably been one of the best signings.

First two games show how much stability and organisation Wilko gave us.

2 Likes

City still have enough quality to pants us if we are not on it from the start.

All we have to do is hype it up as a big game and Maclaren will be invisible and get 10 touches, no dramas.

1 Like

Our club should never take lessons from City.

Seems odd to praise the ā€œruthlessnessā€ of the firing of a replacement manager while constantly claiming Coricaā€™s successes as coach were all due to inheriting Arnieā€™s team. CFG is the richest club in the comp and can easily fix a problem while scapegoating a head coach. Itā€™s different to a head coach with more than a decade history serving the club. Does it mean he should remain head coach. Does it make it okay to talk shit about him in general. No also.

Youā€™d sack a coach three weeks after the club won silverware? Jesus fucking christ, dude.

1 Like

I mean City won the league last season then sacked their coach after 2 rounds.

It donā€™t get much more ruthless than that.

The writing was on the wall ever since that Grand Final loss, though. They were far from convincing in pre-season and couldnā€™t even beat Western United, who then conceded five to Western Suburbs.

If weā€™re still struggling halfway into the season, it might be worth asking questions, but Corica has realistically probably bought himself this season because of the cup success. Itā€™s not up to people who want him to fail to make those kind of decisions, fortunately.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll wait several more rounds before sharpening the pitchfork.

But, I am warming up the goo as an entree.

2 Likes

Weā€™re gonna get arse blasted.

2 Likes

LOL obviously not. But I would of sacked him after we finished 8th a couple of years ago. A position that should never be acceptable here. Thats where I wanted us to be ruthless. Itā€™s not personal with Corica, I love the guy and I donā€™t want him to fail, but he was out of ideas that season and he couldnā€™t change the gameplan which wasnā€™t working. Results should always come first over sentimentality at a club that wants to be successful.

Regardless, that didnt happen, we had another very poor year last which he somehow survived, but to his credit, heā€™s rebuilt the squad, the Aus Cup was good, but I am alarmed about our first two league games, I mean we werenā€™t just poor, we were diabolical, if that doesnā€™t improve dramatically, then god help him.

1 Like