Round 3 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 22/01/21

We play CCM on Friday night. They’re also playing tonight so hopefully we’ll be fresher and have some more time to prepare.

Ill go with a 0-0 draw

We will have 10 good chances and miss them all in the first 15mins and then park the bus while Mariners destroy us.
Lose 2-0

Is Bobo available? He might get a couple of tap ins

Any reason for the negativity? Calum to return, Bobo to come off the bench…

Comfortable 3-0 victory

1 Like

He’s definitely training this week but I’m guessing he might be another week or two away as he gets back into the swing of things and acclimatises again.

1 Like

Heard someone (Corica I think) say Bobo was weeks away. Probably won’t play any part for this.

Holding off on score predictions till I see what happens with Mariners vs Wanderers tonight

1 Like

We didn’t win the other night, so we should fold the Club.

Also, bernieibini12345 is a fucking idiot, so I wouldn’t listen to a word he has to say…

2 Likes

CCM look a lot better this season than, well the last 3 or 4. I thought they looked the better team against WSW. It’s not going to be an easy game, but I think we’ll walk away with a win, or perhaps a draw.

Doubt that Bobo will feature, hoping though that the hoff is back.

It’s still early days but I think we may be relying on Bobo performing well this season. We’ve struggled many times in the past two years against A-league teams who are organised defensively and consistently get a lot of players behind the ball when they defend. Despite this inability to break down defences we’ve been okay in the past because ALF usually managed to get a goal or two even though we don’t create that many clear chances. Unfortunately we no longer have ALF and we can’t expect Trent to be as clinical, we saw that against WSW. And we also can’t expect long range bangers like we scored against the Nix. Until Bobo is fit I think we will struggle to score since we aren’t creating that many good chances. I think it might be a draw.

I think CCM have proven to be very disciplined in defence and we will struggle to break them down. Yes they switched off for the goal last night but unlike in previous seasons that was the exception, not the rule. Chances will be at a premium and we will need to be clinical if we are to get something out of the game.
In attack CCM appear to rely on counter attacking at speed. If King and Grant get caught too far forward we may get caught out but apart from that I don’t think they will trouble us too much defensively. Redders will also be looking to bounce back from his 'mare last week.
I can see this one ending 0-0.

Trent was super unlucky with that one he ripped against the post, almost identical to one at Illenden a few years back.

His ‘unluck’ has to end one day right?! …Surely…

1 Like

Yeah, I think this is were the combo of Bobo and Buhagiar is key. If teams play a high line against us we can put balls into space and allow Buhagiar to bomb onto them, if they sit deep then we still have Bobo who can act as a target man and get into good positions in the box (you don’t score “tap-ins” consistently if you’re not good at positioning yourself).

1 Like

Zullo out but the Hof is back:

Sydney FC A-League Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2. Patrick FLOTTMANN, 3. Ben WARLAND, 4. Alex WILKINSON ©, 5. Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6. Ryan McGOWAN, 8. Paulo RETRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 19.Chris ZUVELA, 20.Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk), 21. Harry VAN der SAAG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27. Jordan SWIBEL, 28.Calem NIEUWENHOF, 33.Pat WOOD.

3 to be omitted

Ins: 2. Patrick FLOTTMANN (promoted), 27. Jordi SWIBEL (promoted), 28. Calem NIEUWENHOF (return from injury).

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 7. Michael ZULLO (calf – 2 weeks), 9. BOBÔ (Returning to match fitness), 30. Adam PAVLESIC (GK) (indefinite – collarbone).

1 Like

I hope the Hof gets a starting spot.

Zullo’s career is surely winding down now… more injured than not.

I assume he’ll sign for CCM next year

1 Like

I’d like to see our strikers score.

2 Likes

https://www.sydneyfc.com/video/5-great-goal-v-central-coast-mariners

#2 is by a guy called Santalab whom I have no recollection of playing for us…
Otherwise, top shelf.

1 Like

Yeah name doesn’t ring a bell

1 Like