Round 4 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle - 1/11/2019

3-0 loss to a Jason hoffman hattrick

2 Likes

LOL Alf has been shit?

Amazing.

1 Like

This could be a really dumb question but will The Cove be having a march to the game? If so I have seen that the pregame pub is Orange Grove, will that be the start point and what time will the March begin?

No

As someone who doesn’t really know the area too well, best place to park? Looking at the map I’m guessing it might be best to park and get the tram from Lewisham/taverners hill

I just finished a 12 hour night shift, and really don’t want another 4 hour drive home like last week.

Other side of Balmain road is usually ok. Just a 10-15 min walk from the ground and you don’t get any traffic leaving because that’s all on the stadium side.

Yeah, that’s my usual approach.

1 Like

Barbarouses battled early last season as well - didn’t score until round 6 when they gave him a pen. He then went on a run and had his best season to date in terms of scoring goals.
He’s still playing well in general and getting into good spots, so just a matter of getting off the mark imo.

Fancy us for a good win tonight, 4-1.

5 Likes

Turns out we’re undefeated in our last 9 home games vs the Jets. Of those 9, we’ve won 7 and drawn 2 and that includes 7 clean sheets as well. Predict more of the same tonight.

Corica pre-match video interview

As much as I like Leichhardt, I’m not a fan of not having an allocated seat (due to my Silver Membership). When opting-in for a seat it’s also a shame you can’t actually select a seat from those available either. I was happy last year paying a small premium to choose my seat. Any others feel the same way?

“Sydney FC’s Trent Bhugair ran 20m in 2.829 seconds in a time trial. To put that in context, the first 20m of Usain Bolt’s 100m world record set in Beijing was 2.870s. Bolt has now ran faster 100m races, that 20m figure is his fastest in officially recognised events.”

:astonished:

Really hoping to see Buhagiar come on tonight, he was so exciting last pre season. Will help push Kosta and Alfie to be their best as well.

You can select your seat a la last year. Except this year it’s free rather than a fee. Maybe the window has since closed, though? Check your emails from pre-season with an option to select your seat!

1 Like

Bionic knee ftw. Added bonus he can actually play a bit of football.

It’s annoying to have to print tickets instead of using your membership card. I was able to choose seats though (as a silver member) but they were limited to the first bay of seats (those that are not in the actual grand stand, but between the pitch and the walkway. When I booked the seats for the game tonight I was in a rush and forgot to actually choose the seats, so we’re sitting in the first row up against the fence. It’s going to be a very different experience for us - we’re used to sitting much higher and further back!

1 Like

FYI: you can scan the ticketek PDF from your phone, no problems. #savethetrees

1 Like

Also you can logon to your Ticketek account and have the tickets sent directly to your mobile.

The pitch has had a game day haircut and is ready for kickoff.

1 Like

If we don’t win handily, we can write off the rest of this season and start rebuilding for 2020-21.

1 Like