Round 4 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle - 1/11/2019

It’s probably easier just to fold the club.

2 Likes

Get to the bottom of why we didnt keep Marc Janko, quick whinge about crowds then fold the club.

1 Like

No discussion of whether Bobo’s goal tally should or should not include penalties & tap-ins :frowning:

Anyway…what’s the Garry Owen Pub like I’m thinking of going there pre-game?

Field looks a bit shit, especially for leichhardt.

1 Like

Will there be looting? I need a new office chair and I’m sure Danny’s is pretty good.

Does life get better than this

4 Likes

Retre starting at left back again

Retre still left back. Corica is a stubborn man

God damn it.

Alright so I can’t watch this game guys (due to being off the coast of Perth while the game is on) so I’m entirely reliant on you guys to give me the unbiased commentary I need.

2 Likes

What does he have to do to get dropped? Two poor games of which he has gifted away one goal and offered nothing in the attacking third. He is a good squad member with his clear ability and versatility that we need to compete but he is not a left back and we have a capable left back on the bench.

1 Like

Geez. AU got in behind King a few times but every team has spent the last 3 years trying to do the same to Zullo. I thought he could’ve muscled up a bit better on Toure’s goal, but that’s also the one where Retre played them on and McGowan showed fuck all urgency / didn’t really play to the whistle (he could’ve stopped the shot if he hustled imo).

I was willing to let the last 2 weeks slide, give Retre a game there vs Welly if he was to be preferred for the away derby or whatever. But this is ridiculous. This is the game where King needs the minutes. It’s approaching the territory where you ask if Corica has a daughter and King’s been giving her DM’s a workout.

Maybe Stevie has a three strikes rule. Trying to remember how many shockers Jop had last year before he was cut…three?

I think he played 8 games. So more of an 8 shockers rule.

2 Likes

If you’re a young player at this club, you’d get the fuck out, that’s what the lesson here is.

Very bizzare. Could it be something to do with how Corica views King’s/younger guys’ attitudes?

I don’t know, he did bring King and Ivanovic through in the first place. I think it’s just something he picked up from Arnie to have an experienced first 11 that you never change.

Probably not what I would do but good to see Bimbi making tough calls. Easiest thing to do would be put King in but he has made a big call.

1 Like

I haven’t been this annoyed with selections since Farina decided not to play Carle.

1 Like