Round 6 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 17/11/19

FTT

1 Like

Not really. FIFA enforcing international windows and Australia joining AFC are both relatively new, and with the Golden Generation dominating game-time under Verbeek in the late 00s, Kruseā€™s generation was effectively the first to enjoy these benefits for their entire career.

Is it wrong to love that heā€™s taking up valuable cap space, and keeping the MV physio department so occupied full time that they canā€™t keep everyone else patched up?

3 Likes

I feel like a lot of people are letting the hyperbolic vitriol directed against Kruse at the last the world cup colour their view of him. The death threats and targeting of his family were totally grotesque and itā€™s absolutely right to call out those people who partook in those activities, and to start a conversation about how we talk about footballers and public figures.

But letā€™s not let that distract from the fact that he was absolutely terrible for every single moment he was on the pitch in that tournament.

2 Likes

OTOH his half-time substitution against Germany B (into Attacking Mid, Mooy dropping deeper to replace Luongo), and subsequent starts vs Cameroon and Chile, unambiguously improved our Confed Cup performance compared to the Luongo-Milligan/Rogić-Mooy midfield square that started the tournament.

That probably says more about the failure of Angeā€™s 3-4-2-1 system to get the best out of our best players than it does about Kruseā€™s ability though.

Alfieā€™s on the new Optus pod today talking the big blue apparently

Tards,all of themā€¦FC,sharpen those swords!

No mercy!

Thatā€™s actually not as weak as expected. They can make a functioning backline from Brown, Donachie, Broxham and Traore (thought he was called up?). And they can fashion a grinding midfield out of Poulsen, Dobras, Basha and Lesiotis. Just a matter of how deep they park that bus and how they support Toivonen on the break.

Melb%20Nuke%20Map

8 Likes

It may not be as weak as expected but fuck me that is an atrocious squad for a club that size.

This is a dream for Kurz - he gets to create his siege mentality with good reason for a change, and has an excuse to play 10 behind the ball and sneak a draw. Wouldnā€™t be the first time heā€™s done that against us with an under strength team either.
Obviously we should be favs and win, but the circumstances are in their coaches favour for probably the only time before heā€™s sacked in January.

5 Likes

Iā€™m still confused by the appointment, personally. Would someone like Paul Okon have been worth a try? Kurz was never the man for Victory.

1 Like

I need a pick the score prediction guys.Of to the tab tomorrow morning.

A distant third behind Broxham and Kilkenny, for mine

Santalab, Berisha, Bulettā€¦ Jamieson has his moments and La Rocca, and Victor Saba despite only playing eight games was an annoying little tit.

A very crowded field.

1 Like

3-0

just open an account!

In other news, there is no way Iā€™d bang Margot Robbie.

16 Likes

That is a shame, she was asking about you last night.

1 Like

This is like when I had two supermodels in bed a couple of weeks ago init?

1 Like