Round 6 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 17/11/19

Facebook message from the club at 7.30pm advised there were less than 100 reserved seats available. Should be a decent turn up if the weather plays its part!

1 Like

Oh man all the media around this is about how easy this should be for us.

An ineffective 1-0 loss.

2 Likes

Can see something similar to that Welly game last season. Go a couple down. Start playing too late. Let’s say a 2-1 loss here as Welly had a very in form Krishna.

I’m thinking it’ll be a comfortable 2-0 win.

Preview is up now:

Key Statistics

• Assuming he gets on the pitch, this will be Rhyan Grant ’s 200th game for Sydney FC. He has played 171 league games, 12 FFA Cup games and 16 ACL games, scoring a total of 10 goals.
  • Sydney FC have scored in the last 13 games against Melbourne (dating back to 27/02/16), the longest scoring streak from either team in this fixture.
  • Sydney FC has a record of 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss against Marco Kurz.

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 17 (34%)

Draws: 17 (34%)

Losses: 16 (32%)

Sydney FC record at Jubilee Stadium

Wins: 8 (61.5%)

Draws: 2 (15.4%)

Losses: 3 (23.1%)

Last 5 Matches

12/05/19 – Sydney FC 6 – 1 Melbourne

6/04/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Melbourne

26/01/19 – Melbourne 2 – 1 Sydney FC

25/11/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 2 Melbourne

28/04/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 3 Melbourne

Records

Biggest Win – 5 goals (2 games):

26/01/14 – Melbourne 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 5 goals:

16/10/05 – Melbourne 5 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 7 goals:

Most Appearances vs Melbourne – Alex Brosque (31)

Most Goals vs Melbourne – Alex Brosque, Mark Bridge, David Carney (5)

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

Play as well as we did against Newcastle, we win this 2 or 3 nil. Perfect match conditions for Kurz game plan of being dull on the ball and not scoring much and holding out defensively.

1 Like

LIKE a hot knife through butter,Jubilee oval.

Alfie Hat Trick!

Bratton screamer!

Zullo,Kosta,Ninko,ABJ all lining up.

Fire. Up.

2 Likes

F T T!..its been a long time since I’ve been able to say that on gameday,so here it is again to make up for lost time.

F T Tards!

3 Likes

On Channel 9’s Today show this morning… they were showing highlights from last night’s games, repeatedly saying how the Jets survived a WU attack led by Besart Beshira, but then I see two of our players featured like this. I’m more used to the mainstream media treating the A-League as some pariah but really good to see.

6 Likes

It’s game day! Fire up!!

4 Likes

OH,goody…its FTT time!

Seeing Sydney as such a hot favourite with the bookies makes me feel a bit anxious. Not sure I’m comfortable with that sort of thing.

Can’t recall any time in the past that the odds have been so lean.

3 Likes

More of this please
images

2 Likes

I’m down with FTT

Melbourne is a drab and depressing looking city vastly inferior to the glamorous and inspirational appearance of Sydney.

4 Likes

It’s such a depressing city that they’ve had to build Communist Russia style apartment blocks to give the place more appeal…

4 Likes

Melbourne is so unremarkable that it is often, much like Brisbane, mispronounced by foreigners.
Sydney suffers no such shame. *

*Juan Antonio Samaranch announcing the host of the 2000 Olympics is a glorious, not shameful, moment.

5 Likes

Ya have to give Melbourne some credit though,its the most famous Tard city in the world!

I find Federation Square particularly aesthetically displeasing. Docklands as a whole is also the most architecturally kitschy precinct in the country.

Hook turns display quite an overwhelming lack of logic, while pots indicate a substantial inability to hold ones liquor, and indeed will always fail to rectify a Sydneysiders parched state.

7 Likes