Round 8 - Western Suburbs vs Sydney FC - 15/12/18

To be fair, we have had injuries stopping that from happening.

Any PAX?

Trust me, you won’t be saying this if we lose and the scum get all happy. Nothing but the result matters for me, just for this game at least

1 Like

Definitely due for a loss against them. If that happens goo will be in overload and all the “give Corica the season” will be “CORICA OUT NOW!!!”

1 Like

He’s looked like he has been carrying an injury for the past two games. Rather rest him and lose a derby than lose Milos for the remainder of the season.

This has arseblasting written all over it.

No chance - we had a rocky couple of weeks but Western Suburbs have been dogshit all season except against the Coasties.

Still fancy the good guys to get the W.

Just trying to keep up the pre-game ‘arse-blasting’ tradition. In all seriousness, a paper over the cracks 1-0 with another suspect pen.

We have, but Calver for Jop was an option for both those games at the very least.

Going to miss my first away derby due to a clash, and I must admit the FOMO is low for this one.
Forking out $100 for the family to watch a match in a venue where on a good day, the atmosphere elevates to tepid isn’t something I’ll be missing.

ARSEblasting?..there aint no Arse left after last week!

I feel like if we lose to them on Saturday the pressure could really start to mount on Corica. Then again WSW are awful so we should get a result.

I haven’t seen it posted yet, so for those who haven’t seen, Cove Express details are here:

https://www.facebook.com/TheCove23/photos/a.376447625769306/2006326419448077/?type=3&theater

I’ve put the preview up on the front page:

Here’s how I think we will line up and the other, more interesting, statistical stuff:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 11 (55%)

Draws: 5 (25%)

Losses: 4 (20%)

Sydney FC record at Stadium Australia/ANZ

Wins: 4 (66.7%)

Draws: 1 (16.7%)

Losses: 1 (16.7%)

Previous Meeting

27/10/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 0 Western Sydney

Watch the snake pick two out of his net and peak #SFCConspiracy stuff.

Last 5 Matches

27/10/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 0 Western Sydney

6/10/18 – Western Sydney 0 – 3 Sydney FC

25/02/18 – Sydney FC 3 – 1 Western Sydney

9/12/17 – Western Sydney 0 – 5 Sydney FC

21/10/17 – Sydney FC 2 – 2 Western Sydney

Records

Biggest Win – 5 goals:

9/12/17 – Western Sydney 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 2 goals (2 games):

15/12/12 - Sydney FC 0 – 2 Western Sydney

26/10/13 - Sydney FC 0 – 2 Western Sydney

Most Goals in a Game – 7 goals:

28/02/15 – Western Sydney 3 – 4 Sydney FC

Most Appearances vs Western Sydney – Rhyan Grant (14)*

Most Goals vs Western Sydney – Adrian Mierzejewski, Alex Brosque* (4)

Key Statistics

• Three Sydney derbies have been played at Stadium Australia. Sydney FC have won two and lost one. Sydney have scored 9 goals in those 3 games, while Wests have scored only 1.
  • Sydney FC have conceded 1 goals in the last 4 derbies combined, scoring 13.
  • Adam Le Fondre scored in the last two derbies. No Sydney FC player has scored in three straight derbies.

Just pointing out, Arnold started off strongly with SFS (arguably with not his chosen squad), before coming 7th in his second season, then he became one of the greatest coaches australian football had ever seen. Yes there is pressure on Corica to succeed, but maybe fans need to understand that he’s NOT Arnold and that coming back to where we were will take time. We have an ageing Ninkovic (a player who we’d massively relied on in the past few years) and some really crap injury form as well.

IMO, no matter where we finish, Corica should be allowed time to build himself up and build the squad up. What Arnold did for SFC, has similarities to what Ferguson did at Man U, he created a culture and drive in the club something that isn’t easy for another coach to jump straight into

Arnie always stayed on top of the derbies tough, even in the shit season (though it was pretty arsey with that late Smeltz goal etc).

Truthfully, the more we play WSW, the less shit I give about them. They’re that yappy little annoying kid on the side that no one gives a crap about. We’ve more than proven that we shit all over them, on and off the pitch

Wests might be missing their new defender through injury:

Ticket bought. PAX in the 23,000s.

Lets smash the Western Suburbs yet again and play ourselves back into form.

6-0 (simple annual progression) with none of ours making Bozza’s team of the week.

2 Likes