Round 8 - Western Suburbs vs Sydney FC - 15/12/18

Will reserved seating be enforced @jubal1 or anyone else in the know?

Only seem to be able to buy in Bay 140. Can I just use it to get into the ground and then join The Cove?

They can be a bit picky when its busy, hard to tell how much they’ll enforce it.

Cheers mate. I guess I’ll just try my luck on the day.

2-2 draw with one of the teams throwing away a 2 goal lead. The commentary team go on ad nauseum about it being the most dangerous score on football.

First derby in ages where I’m properly nervous. I’d be happy with not losing, but I feel we really need a win here.

1-1.

Bossi says that De Jong is a strong chance to start:

This talk of De Silva and De Jong starting tonight could make for entertaining viewing if it comes to pass.

Folks here have been a bit critical of DDS off the bench, but he was shit-hot in pre-season before tweaking that hammy. Insanely quick feet. If anyone can provide the creativity we’re lacking in the current system it’s him.

So I bought my tickets this morning and the website put us down the front next to the Cove. That would normally be totally fine, but does anyone know if the roof generally protects from the rain? My memory says that only the back third or so is covered, but can anyone confirm?

There should be plenty of room to move around to get cover from the rain, it’s not like it’s a sellout…

Certainly doesn’t. ANZ is like Allianz, the rake of the bottom tier is really flat and the roof only covers about a third of the seats in that bottom tier.

Yeah I figured that would be the case too. Just keeping my options open. Sounds like I might have to be on the move though.

I don’t think scoring goals will be a problem tonight. Did I see somewhere Ziegler is a doubt? Also I don’t think Babbel will focus on his defensive structure, rather try and control the game with possession. With De Silva and De Jong back there’ll be more creativity in the final third. I’m more worried about the defensive 6. If we play the same formation as past weeks O’Neill and Brilliante will be outplayed and the Wanderers midfield 3 will control the game (no matter how shit the 3 are).

Big test tonight.

We will find out if Corica can make gutsy changes to the starting 11 as well as the game plan, when it is obvious to everyone that the current plan isn’t working.

And if so, we will find out if we are aiming for top 3-4 this season or in a battle for 6th spot (with a brief away game in the finals as a reward).

I’m hopeful that a fit De Jong and De Silva as well as changes to our CB pairing will see us compete for top 3-4.

All the teams bar MV and Glory are getting beaten as much as us. Round 8 now, 3 wins and a draw out of 7, and we are coming third and only a couple of wins from moving up to second. I think we can park the hysteria for a bit yet.

I agree that the hysteria is unwarranted but I think people are just concerned because the quality of our play, particularly our defending has been so poor.

BOM have issued a severe thunderstorm warning. Could be pretty wild out there.

It’s bucketing down in Rhodes, 2km away.

When Corica said he was going to make changes I didn’t expect Puddleinho to be one of them.

1 Like

He must have citizenship by now, Jop will be on notice to warrant using a foreign spot.

On BOM radar, looks like the worst of it is over.

SFC win for me. WSW are pretty much our whipping boys.