Round 9 - Sydney FC vs Macarthur - 24/12/22

We will win just enough games for him to stay till the end of the season.
Then he will go.

2 Likes

This has 2-2 written all over it

There’ll be such a heavy police presence.

At least they’ll be confiscating the fucking cowbells. Although I can see some power hungry edgy Cops taking them away from innocent kids with the grace of a bull in a china shop.

1 Like

Nice

2 Likes

We don’t often lose against these guys I reckon we’ll win.

I won’t be there so guaranteed to be a thrilling game.*

*Fark you for scheduling a game on Christmas Eve.

I agree , Christmas Eve game is crazy , I will miss this because I have family coming for Christmas , It would be a bit rude for me to piss off to Sydney for the game after half the family arrive from Queensland on Christmas Eve.
Stupid decision to play this game on that day.

Can I blag your ticket for the H Monster than?

We celebrate Christmas eve so will be having dinner at 5:00pm :frowning:

I’m thinking I might check out the Clubhouse for this one, using tix I got with my SFC member monopoly money.

For anyone that’s tried the Clubhouse, what’s the match day experience like? Not so much from a food & bev perspective, but what’s the view of the pitch and the general atmosphere like, being that far away from the home end?

Given it’s Xmas eve, plus the general fallout from last weekend, I don’t imagine there will be a large crowd anyway.

I have friends involved with Macarthur who got us free tickets right on halfway to our last away game at Campbelltown (I particularly enjoyed sitting inbetween the Baccus and Rose families wearing sky blue), and I was hoping to repay the favour this round by showing them a good first experience of our new home.

There are a few on here who are up there every game and seem to like it. I was up there for the derby and it was alright.

Not blown away by the viewing. We were half way up that second deck, and in the middle of the left most bay (so I reckon half a bay away from the best you could get up there, the next bay over is small open-air corporate boxes that you can’t wander over to). We were in line with the 6 yard box or maybe penalty spot, and it did seem further back from the action than I expected, you’re not right on top of it like it feels from the lower bowl.

But you are practically on top of the Cove. So the atmosphere was decent, and plenty got involved in the call and response stuff. It’s definitely handy having that dedicated bar area for pre and post game, even though the decor is Bunnings chair level.

It was the only real option for me for that game, was good to experience it, but I’ll probably be ponying up for better seats in the lower bowl next season (after retiring from active).

1 Like

Oh shit, I had completely the wrong mental picture of where Clubhouse was.

I was thinking it was on the tunnel side right up the other end (opposite corner from where it actually is). I must have had the stadium map upside down in my brain.

That makes much more sense. Thanks.

1 Like

No probs, I’ll send you the ticket.

1 Like

There might be a quite similar area up the opposite end of the ground, someone posted it when the stadium first opened and the NRL games were on there. Iirc it was a similar space, but maybe had nicer decor and a DJ or something.

Clubhouse for our games is Bays 228-230, enter via Gate 5. It’s also GA seating but the guys up there have posted it’s maybe 1/3 full for an average game, so you’ll be right. We went early for the derby as we had a group of 8 to squeeze in, it was probably 2/3 full that night but we had no problem doing 4 and 4 split over 2 rows.

I’ll be watching the game at home with Covid

1 Like

Same with me. Join the self isolating club

1 Like

I find the view great from the clubhouse, but the only other part of the stadium I’ve been to is the lower bowl on the 18 yard box about 3 seats from the front - which was fantastic for Lolley’s goal, but you miss a lot of the other action being what feels like almost below the pitch.

For perspective of the game, it’s great. Perhaps being half way up in the lower level would be better a bit closer to the halfway line, but then you’re into $$$$

1 Like

I like calling it the "Not-paying-through-the-nose-for-beers-and-your-seat-has-cup-holders’ club.

Also, there’s (usually) no lines for the toilet at half time, and travel times to and from the match are drastically reduced.

2 Likes

He’s back, in Pog form!

2 Likes