Sack the Board: the Cricket thread I

Coulter-Nile doing great but Smith holding the team together as usual. what a player

Smith with a gem and what a superb knock from Coulter-Nile. Unfortunate not to get a hundred. Good wok from Carey too

What a win for Australia, really gritty and hard work.

Such an australian performance… and i say that with grudging envy…

They lose early wickets, look set for a terrible score and then one batsman steadies the ship while a bowler comes in and has the time of his life with the bat. Post a good score and then bowl well, not fantastically, but well enough to sew the game up.

Outstanding and should, in my mind, be favourites now to retain their title

That first innings was compelling viewing. Such a shame I missed the second. It must have been an absolutely cracking game overall.

Lots of games to come yet, but we are showing how much of an advantage is that we can bat right down to 9 or 10.

Really enjoying the tournament so far… India bossed the Aussies and England regained some form against the might of Bangladesh

Imho India firm favourite to win the comp now. Their batting is insane and Bumrah is almost unplayable sometimes

I wouldn’t necessarily say that India bossed Australia.

It was poor bowling by Australia that was punished accordingly.

India did bowl well but some slow batting from Australia didn’t help the cause.

You mean Australian bowlers couldn’t get into a rhythm as the Indians dominated and the slow batting was due to the pressure and execution of the plans by the bowlers

All depends which way you want to look at it i suppose :wink:

Say, for example, you’re looking at it from an English perspective?

I think any discussion of Australia winning the World Cup based on form is kidding themselves.

Yeah, anything can happen once the knock out stage starts, but Australia was MAYBE a Top 4 side coming into this tournament.

Correct, but i think that the indians have to be the favourites for the tournament right now…

I try but I can’t get into games where the scores are almost always up past 300, 350, more.

Batsman oriented cricket is so boring for me. I want to like what I see, but it’s just not working for me.

Good start. Finch was absolutely struggling against Aamir at the start and it looked like a matter of time before he was out. Got through it now has posted a very tidy 50

Surprised they sent in Smith over Maxwell

Just hope it doesn’t rain later on. Weather looks a bit sketchy

Maxwell in relatively early for him. This could be fun. Or frustrating

And frustrating it is. Damn tards

Should have been caught at slip on about 30 though.

Seems like the role hes been given this tournament is to pretend its a t20. With him and Warner both out now really lack the hitting to get 350+

And from looking like 350+, we’re now collapsing