Sauce Bottles FC - The Marinators Thread

It is not the stupidest idea for a club like CCM to hold NFL style combines for NPL players… fly them in our take them on the road… in fact it is not the stupidest idea for the A-League to do it either

If we dont get more pull through from the FFA cup exposure of NPL players i wouldnt mind seeing an NPL all stars team play an aleague side. Quality is absolutely there. Salary cap allowances dont really help cos the teams that are looking in the NPL are around the floor anyway.

Thomas James is the only name mentioned here:

I’m fairly sure @Wolves_Fan is a big fan but as the article points out he would be a visa signing, making him that much less likely.

According to his Wikipedia and transfermarkt he’s been here for 5 years.
Surely any club that signs him could have him naturalised pretty quickly.

If Sam Graham could get an A-League deal here, I’m pretty sure Thomas James can as well, regardless of visa status.

1 Like

I like it! I think it would probably make a nice away kit.

Mariners have certainly been willing to take a bit more of a risk with their kits than most of the other teams in the league.

Yeah Im a fan. Bring back the palm tree kit though.

Somewhat related and because I’m too lazy to find another thread, Jets have brought back the stripes to their home kit. :+1:

I hated that all blue one last season.

Not really sure where to put this but since theyre both Mariners players, Abraham Majok and Ruon Tongyik have received their maiden call up to the South Sudan squad. Kenny Athiu called up to and was in their last squad.

1 Like

Hopefully it is an extended call up for Majok - like the whole A-League season

3 Likes

No love for the Cup hero and his composed finish? :wink:

1 Like

Mariners played North Shore Mariners last night winning 7-1.

Majok was absolutely dire. Just constantly turning the ball over. And then he produces this sublime little chip to Murray who volleys home.

I said to my mate that he has so much x-factor because he doesn’t even know what he is doing himself.

1 Like

Mariners sign Samuel Silvera for three seasons upgrading him from his scholarship.

Good to lock him down. I look forward to mutual termination followed by us signing him next year anyway.

1 Like

As a replacement for Buhagier whos gone off to Europe on a transfer fee

Smithies is reporting that Central Coast Stadium may be handed over to private management, leaving CCM in with a chance of running it by the start of next season.

3 Likes

That could really hopefully turn them around fully. Would be huge for them and the league

Charlesworth has been trying to get his hands on that stadium for years. My bet is any stadium management will more likely sit within his property investment portfolio than with the Central Coast Mariners. Hopefully it’s good for the club though. Hopefully he funnels decent money back into the playing roster. I’ll believe it when I see it though.

2 Likes

Lewis Miller gets a senior contract at the Mariners and signs for the next two seasons. Held off a raid from Macarthur.