Semi Final - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 19/06/21

Can anyone confirm if the semi is sold out? There isn’t a single ticket available on ticketek in any category. It seems a bit odd as I was sent a reminder from the club yesterday to purchase tickets.

2 Likes

I was waiting till pay day to buy tickets…which for me is tomorrow morning. :grimacing:

Tickets were selling fast last time I checked, pretty much everything in Platinum/Silver was gone, GA is hard to tell because you can’t see sold seats. That said it wouldn’t surprise me if they release another round of tickets, I’m not sure they sold all rows and they might put more of the hill on sale, I think they were trying to sell tickets evenly around the stadium for social distancing reasons. Would keep checking every few hours.

Yeah, just tried to buy and kept coming up with that message of ‘not enough tickets to meet your request’.

Are there COVID restrictions around ground capacity still? I thought they opened up grounds to full capacity in NSW a few months back? That or ticketek is broken…again.

I just want to stand in my normal position under the big screen on the hill with my 4 beers in hand and play hide and seek with the security guards telling me I can’t sit on the concrete because of COVID.

There is some sort of system in play, not sure if there is limited capacity but for example, for the seats in front of the hill they were only selling every second row. Think the idea is to keep people distanced where possible, but if all of that sells out then it makes sense to release more tickets up to full capacity.

They have sectioned out the hill in different areas for the same reason too I think, they possibly want to try and sell it out evenly and allocate people across the whole end instead of cramp together.

Just a theory though. The funny thing is the main grandstand had 100% of the tickets on sale so not sure why they bothered only selling every second row in the tiny bays in front of the hill.

See if this Bondi Covid outbreak curtails things at all….

I picked up three quarts of a family pass through a third party. If anyone can take 1x ticket for a child off my hands, hit me up.

I just checked on Ticketek then and there’s plenty available, but the hill and the grandstand look sold out.

1 Like

Yep seems like ticketek sorted itself out. Silver is practically sold out but GA/Cove/Hill are available. There’s no knowing how many tickets are actually left though in those sections.

Yeah I’m a little bit worried about this also. Would be just our luck, months of no cases and it kicks off just before 1 of our biggest crowds of the season

Three of my family were at one of the exposure sites on Tuesday lunchtime (cafe at Macquarie Park cemetery). They got the call from NSW Health yesterday arvo, tested last night, negative results confirmed this morning.

They’re still isolating until told otherwise, but that’s ruthlessly efficient so fingers crossed it bodes well for the other venues.

4 Likes

Weather ain’t looking good either

Couple more cases in Sydney, and watch Glady’s shut down crowds right on the eve of the semi. They’ve already gone to banning standing at the pub again. :beer:

We were able to keep crowds last time this happened, with the BBQ guy.

I am getting irritated by the use of the word cluster when it is a bloke and his Mrs

2 Likes

So I’m right to come to town on Saturday?

I don’t want to use up leave because you filthy animals don’t know how to not spread communicable diseases.

1 Like

I’d wait…

If any of you have covid symptoms at this game, can you come cough on me so I can get two weeks holiday for free?

Thanks in advance

Same for “outbreak”
Same for every variant being the “highly infectious” one.

2 Likes

I don’t check the news any more but let me guess how yesterday’s headlines looked:

“Sydney on high alert as cluster of highly infectious variant grows”

1 Like