Semi Final - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 19/06/21

I also like the language used with the guy that visited Canberra.

Sydney man visited xx while infectious!!

As in he deliberately travelled around coughing on things.

Football tends to be played on green grass.

Except in Australia, where playing on just short of a good length on a cricket pitch is acceptable.

Any recent purchases and associated PAX offerings?

So you can talk football, you just choose not to?

1 Like

1min 50sec in and Halloran completely forgets the drubbing we gave their team the last time we met :joy:

1 Like

I dare say in Australian terms it is an outbreak and there’s multiple highly infectious variants when compared to the original Covid virus… not sure what you want them to say?

Also sensationalizing in this respect, is probably a good thing, it ensures people don’t take risks and treat it seriously… Unless you want to see the same numbers of deaths over in Europe and Asia?

From ‘Boned’, when Eddie Maguire tells Rich over the phone that he’s been boned

Ed: Look, I know you’d accept the umpire’s decision here, mate, I know you’d take one for the team–
Richie: Oh what the F*** does that mean Eddie?
Ed: At the moment, everyone here at Nine is giving 110% but we’re just not kicking enough goals. Television is a team game, and at the moment we’re defending grimly way down in our own half—
Richie: Oh can we at least talk some F***ing cricket?
Ed: We gotta get to our end of the goal square somehow and put some points on the board. There’s a real battle on for ratings and it’s very congested at the top of the ladder. Like I said Rich, you’ve only been moved to the bench at this stage, and hopefully next season you and the fellas will be back on the team and leaping high above the pack again!
Richie: F…are you finished? Has the full time siren gone?

:smiley:

3 Likes

But hasn’t sensationalising every thing made things such as the roll out of the vaccine much harder to manage?

“New highly infectious cluster in the cities east”
“Vaccine leads to death by blood clots”
“Why should we be locked down? the economy is dying”

Rinse and repeat.

Unfortunately lots of stupid people do believe what they read and hear.

maybe sensationalizing isn’t the best term, but point stands, it IS a cluster and the variant IS more contagious… The problem is that we haven’t had a major outbreak since Melbourne and people get complacent. At the end of the day, we’re in the position that we are because our borders are closed. That’s not going to last for ever, we’re biding time so that people can get vaccinated.

1 Like

So, how about that local sporting team?

3 Likes

Moulded studs vs screw ons - which one do you prefer?

1 Like

I just really don’t like the chilli sauce at Silva’s.

Chorizo >>>>> salami.

4 Likes

Game day. Fire… up? A little bit?

2 Likes

Rug up, I think is the phrase you’re looking for

5 Likes

Any updates on Goodwin? Do we know if he travelled up from Pissantium? (Pissantville?)
Apparently we’re cocky and suffering from hubris…
https://www.wearethereds.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6790

Imagine us being confident against a team we smashed 4-1 at their home ground 3 weeks ago and having won 5 straight games. Do they actually think we should be shitting ourselves?

3 Likes

The fact we are at home is a huge advantage, mainly due to neutralising their tactical fouling. Seems like every-time we play at Hindmarsh their players are always going in with niggly fouls when we get into a good position. The crowd always seems to get on the refs back there and they get away with it for the most part. Can’t see that happening today. Unless we get beathed, not sure who is refereeing though.

“The Sadney fans are saying that all they have to do is turn up to have a walkover - to the extent that they are already planning their GF parties. Time to give them a nasty little wake up call, methinks …”

Withering satire aside, (Sadney FFS), has there been a mention of “GF parties” on here?
It must be terrible living with such an insistent feeling of inferiority

3 Likes