SFC Academy in NPL 2019

Why did they need to import dirt for a synthetic pitch?

2 Likes

Game is on now:

1 Like

Tidy goal.

Fuck me that had to be up there with some of the dumbest football I have ever seen

Playing rockdale at Lambert tonight, both teams have had a shocking run of late.

Apia have taken measures to fix their roofing issues

That’s one way to fix it

Standard yoof game. Look good until 30m out, cop a late goal

Marco Tilio does a madness to start the second half

And again

Fuck me Tilio, he rips two goals out of nowhere.

Very nice finish

Ends 3-1 with koop getting the third

Fantastic second half and good to get some breathing room from hakoah. Shout out to the casuals that rocked up, sang one chant for 10 seconds then lit pyro in the park next to the tram stop after the match :joy:

Are they binning the Club Championship for P&R purposes next season?

I believe it will be only first grade, yes. It makes it more likely we will drop down.

Sorry, I’m a little confused on the Club Championship. How does it work now, and then moving forward?

At the moment you get points for results in first grade, U20s and U18s and these contribute to a club championship score which is used to determine the winner and relegation. A win in first grade is worth more than the youth ones but you get rewarded for having strong youth grades. In previous years our first grade has been last or close to it, but our strong youth divisions have ensured that we stay up.

1 Like

Points system and current table is detailed here:

https://mens.nplnsw.com.au/club-championship/

Easy to see from the breakdown that 18’s & 20’s lift us to mid-table in the Club Championship, but firsts on their own only have Hakoah (likely to go down this year) below them.

1 Like

I thought it was already scrapped this season.