Sky Blue Stories podcast thread

:joy: some would definitely fall into both of those categories. Love it. Maybe bundle all the suggestions into an All Round Obscure XI? That way I could include Thiam… or Ian… bloke who trialled for us during the festival of football against Rangers/Blakcburn/AEK. He was bad…

Fuck off. I’ve toyed with getting a Thiam shirt for the last few seasons.

1 Like

He’s the #1 club legend.

Sorry but Salazar would have to be top of the list of the who or why.

3 Likes

No cobbled together squad mention can be complete without the time we had so few subs that Pasfield was both a backup keeper and a potential outfield sub. I’ve never been so disappointed in the club as I was when he didn’t get subbed in

7 Likes

:joy:

No love for the fat Ronan Keating?

1 Like

I was always a fan of the squad we cobbled together for that junket/tournament in Hawaii

This will be so good if it happens…

2 Likes

I imagine Danny will have loads of free time seeing as our roster is sorted through 2024 already.

7 Likes

The list of best-ever imports heavily reflects the quality of the overall teams they played in. Interesting no-on e has mentioned Juninho, injured a lot and hacked even more in his one season with us but a sublime player whose combinations with Brosque were a delight to watch. Not suggesting he replace an Adrian or a Holosko who had more impact in their time with us, but worth thinking about how he would have gone in a better team and with a better manager. How many good imports we have had if Juninho has not even come up in discussion for a bench spot!

1 Like

Juninho only had 14 games, bit hard to justify inclusion even on the bench. I do remember some sublime touches and combos with Brosque though.

1 Like

I’m happy someone has the effort to do this. When I tried it got too much for me to do :frowning:

3 Likes

Not about Sky Blue Stories but the latest Fox Football pod has Adam Peacock interviewing Tony P and Danny T on what it takes to run an A-League club, it’s a really interesting listen.

2 Likes

Your co-hosts probably didn’t add positively to the experience either.

Kosta and Alfie are our marquees (from that podcast). I thought it was ABJ. Very interesting.

Also just how close we were to signing Torres.

I always thought that we probably got ABJ on a pretty good deal within the cap. His visa was running out so he was making plans to leave and go back to Germany without a club lined up and a lot of uncertainty, and his family seemed to be very settled and really liked living in Sydney. Prime opportunity for SFC to sell staying in Sydney and avoiding all of the disruption as the main advantage, over the salary. Obviously he’d still be on a decent wage, but I’m sure it would be quite a bit less than what he was on a WSW.

SFC also would have been able to use his relatively poor performance at WSW as a reason to offer a fair bit lower.

1 Like

nah they were alright. It was the editing / tifo that got me in the end.

Great work on the pod again - loving having a weekly SFC pod in rotation.

1 Like