So this is Social-ism? the Social Media thread

apparently tried to do the same thing with Paypal? Wanted to rename it X

Well I for one am getting ready to make an early move, and “X”-it his increasingly shite platform.

5 Likes

That’s an Xtremely strong move.

Perhaps if more people will do that, he’ll stop being Xtreme and Xtra annoying.

I thought SFCU was the future state of unlimited interactivity – centered in audio, video, messaging, payments/banking… a global marketplace for ideas, goods, services, and opportunities. Powered by AI.

2 Likes

Progress peaked at text messaging.

3 Likes

Gotta attract gullible idiots to invest and recoup his 44 billion somehow.

Good to see they’re focusing on the things that need attention.

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1683324036950966273

He needs to skip the morning bucket bongs

…and his moronic site no longer previews properly:

And yet you continue to use Twitter as a mechanism for sharing information?

7 Likes

Missed opportunity there Shabby.

5 Likes

I mean if done properly im sure it could… but then if done properly i could probably conquer the world and have a threesome with Scarlett Johansen and Margot Robbie…

I mean this isn’t even new for Elon. He’s just trying to do the same thing he proposed at Paypal.

lol

1 Like

Crazy idea for you…

It turns out that Twitter is a private company and not a commune.

If the interest of ownership conflicts with that of users, there’s no “fighting for change from within” here.

Twitter, like all social media platforms, is designed to attract and retain users who generate content, it needs both owners and participants to continue, and plenty of social media consumers have an attachment to or perceive utility value in the platform that’s being eroded by the actions of an owner. So yeah, staying on a social media platform and protesting against owners actions, regardless of the ownership model is very common.

There is a strong parallel to football clubs, whose existence is balanced between fans and owners.

In both cases conflict between owners and consumers are often characterised by ‘fighting for change from within’, both have consumers whose consumption makes them a stakeholder regardless of the ownership model.

2 Likes

There’s a PhD in this for sure.

1 Like

I’m gonna go ahead and reserve the right to criticise private companies, thanks.

1 Like

Tweets are now going to be called “Xeets”.

Hahah Zuckerburg has a trademark!

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=87980831&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Apparently though it doesnt cover all uses for X in the realm more just that specific logo or branding or something?

Heres hoping they fight over it though.

1 Like