South American Football

Kogarah or Leichhardt? Let the punters decide.

2 Likes

SCG

Iā€™m sure 80,000 fairweather River and Boca fans can be conned into going to ANZ.

That would be some scene.

So. Thatā€™s great.

Lol. I mean, one of them IS going to be playing in the Club World Championship a few days later, but stillā€¦

What a comprehensive allround clusterf

saw a post on FB itā€™s at the Bernabau?

Yeah came to post the same

i usually come first

boom tish

So after initially opposing a second leg being played and wanting to title awarded to them, Boca seem fine with playing in Madrid. But now River dont want to play unless its in Buenos Aires

1-1 after 80. Boca player goes dow in the box and itā€™s called indirect free kick?

Couldnā€™t figure that one out either. It wasnā€™t a foul in the first place, but I thought a foul in the box is automatic penalty?

Also theyā€™ve suspended away goals for the two ties.

Boca player sent off.

did you think he deserved it? Both players went into it 50/50 Thought the River slide was just as bad

Yeah I thought that too. One of those things which a yellow could be argued but a yellow to send off is harsh

Not necessarily. A high foot not making contact with the opposition player (dangerous play) is an indirect free kick.
There are also other instances where a foul committed by the defending team inside the penalty area results in an indirect free kick (most commonly GK handling a back pass)

*I havenā€™t seen the incident youā€™re referring to.

Copa America has kicked off.

If Colombia hold on to their lead against Argentina, a Paraguay v Argentina draw would mean that the group will probably be decided by goal-difference vs Qatar :rofl: I wouldnā€™t mind Messi and Aguero going up against them knowing that they need to build up a GD.

3 low quality matches so far. Brazil were very lacklustre, but seemed comfortable once they got the first. A poor Venezuela did well against Peru, and Argentina and Colombia was largely uneventful.

Iā€™m tipping a Brazil vs Uruguay final.

Yeah I saw the second half of Venezuela-Peru and Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t see the rest of that game. The first Colombian goal was great but otherwise that was really dull too.

Lots of teams there have new coaches so itā€™s probably going to be a slightly unusual tournament all up.