South American Football

They couldn’t pick this up and enforce it at the border / airport? Obviously still bitter about losing the Copa that they stole hosting rights for. Fuck Brazil.

South American football remains the absolute worst. Within 15-20 seconds of turning on the end of Colombia vs Ecuador the Ecuadorian keeper makes a tidy save with his feet around the 83rd minute… then proceeds to try and waste the remaining 7 minutes rolling around for no apparent reason. Couldn’t even decide what body part to hold and pretend was injured. Pathetic.

Anyone watch the Argentinian Primera around here?

River won in a canter but I’ve got to say the quality of the league took a massive dive this year.

All the ‘Cinco Grande’ were dogshit, Boca has stopped spending on foreigners and are relying on their youth development (which isn’t great). Independiente were patchy and Racing’s coach is absolutely clueless.

River’s team this year unearthed a lot of talent, Julian Alvarez is a legitimate superstar in the making - I think he bagged 11 goals in three games at one point. Rumours abound that he’ll end up at Juventus/Real Madrid level club in January.

Meanwhile Gallardo might finally leave and go to coach Flamengo in Brazil or (less likely) take up the National Team role in Uruguay (he did play for Nacional in Uruguay but doubt he wants to take on that basket case).

How would one go about watching some Argentine footy? Is it on a streaming service?

Fanatiz is how I do it, the app sucks though.

1 Like

sportshub.stream

1 Like

Watching Fortaleza v River Plate in the Copa Liberatores this morning. First time I’ve watched South America football in ages!

See how easy this parenthood malarkey is?

1 Like

The next game for us (River) against Colo Colo will be the one to watch, I think it’s on the 20th of May.

We haven’t been playing all that well of late, I reckon we’ll lose that game.

Drama around Maradona’s death!

NETFLIX DRAMA ABOUT COLOMBIA!

Ah Argentina… never change.

1 Like

anyone watch? Were they justified? The players seemed to have taken most of the cards well

One Racing player got kicked in the balls while running at full speed. One Boca player cannonballed into a Racing player and got a second yellow. Alcaraz, the guy who scored the winner, celebrated in front of the Boca fans and started a melee. From what I’ve seen (which is sadly not all of it), they look justified to me. The video I saw was really badly edited, sadly. Still funny as hell, though.

Decent one of the goal and just deciding to hang around in front of the Boca fans celebrating:

It’s even funnier than I thought. Most of them just pinched his ear :laughing:

1 Like

Full highlights

Video unavailable

The uploader has not made this video available in your country

Get a vpn you peasant

1 Like

One red was also given by VAR after video showed a player making a hand signal implying the ref had been paid off.

1 Like