Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

I don’t see how we can afford Bobo unless De Jong has a serious injury and is sent on his way.

Surely that’s him cooked. We don’t exactly look like a club that can manage player welfare the way we could in the past.Better for everybody if we could end this now.

What on earth are you on about?

Duh, if Dr. Craig was still here he would have used his superpowers of redirecting terrible tackles and Durante would have broken his leg on the goalpost.

2 Likes

Don’t be stupid…Clarkey might have though

2 Likes

If DeJong is gone for the season could Bobo be an option? Is he still available?

Would he fit in our current system?

How does injury replacement work for a marquee? Do we get to theoretically remove the marquee from the first team and then have “unlimited” marquee funds to spend on the replacement?

My gut is that if Siem is out for the season, he will just go back to Ajax and we can spend our money as we like.

I believe so. Remember last year City brought McCormack in on big wages whilst Fornaroli was out, then had to let him go when Bruno was back.

Agreed if it’s serious he’d likely go back to Ajax for his recovery so that may all be moot.

Do we still have Adrian’s number? Hey buddy, we have those marquee wages you wanted!

That’s how I would picture it too.

No, but imagine Bobo and ALF in a front two :drooling_face:

One of the things I most enjoy watching in ALF is his wonderful technique with his feet - in all sorts of difficult situations. A move rarely dies with him because of his skill. He also does a brilliant job alongside Brosque with the high press. With Bobo, while his heading techniques was great and his technique in shooting/scoring was very good, his other footballing skills (killing a long ball, holding it up, dribbling etc) were terrible - below what I would expect from a squaddie coming up from NPL. And he was pretty damn lazy in terms of chasing as part of a high press. So, not sure if having him would strengthen or weaken us.

Would definitely like to see Adrian back (if Bimbi and the squad felt happy about it). He is now in a club in China’s second tier, in a city in far north-eastern China where it is miserably cold and probably grey and polluted as well. Bronte or Collaroy calling?

If the money is good I’m sure he won’t care. I’d love to have Adrian back though!!

Been way too quiet this transfer window. Hopefully next week rumours pick up pace and we sign someone amazing.

Would love Bobo back. Him and ALF would be a dream duo. Would compliment each other so well and would also mean we could switch up the formation and tactics a bit more.

Wait… Would that be one of our players heading off?

Mate, if you don’t know to de-code this stuff in the mirror we’re gonna have to revoke your Illuminati membership.

3 Likes

Disregard this, I’m a moron

1 Like

Apparently we are interesting in Maclaren as well:

I think it’s unlikely, either we are driving the price up or it is the agent putting it forward.

I think that daily football twitter account was literally just playing a guessing game. I don’t there is much to it in respect to Adrian.

Adelaide and us are always chasing everyone… Player agents name dropping teams to get deals done I think.

Next week the transfer window closes so hoping for lots of rumours and a signing or two hopefully… Been way too quiet.