Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

I think he was in line to make an appearance last night (given DDS was out) had it not been for the Warland/Tratt sub.

Could go a bit radical 4-2-3-1 with

O’Neil Retre
Ivanovic-Ninkovic-Austin
ALF

Dont think thats the way to go but could be interesting to see that at one point. The problem with Ninkovic going to #10 is who goes left. Ivanvic/Grant does geting the way of Grant overlapping so what about
Caceres-O’Neill
Retre-Ninkovic-Ivanovic
ALF

Can Ivanovic play left?

1 Like

Would be nice to see ninkovic centrally

Can Devlin play in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1?
I thought in his appearance against Adelaide he was excellent in intercepting Adelaide passing out from the back, while in previous appearances he’s not looked uncomfortable in kicking people. But he also talks about being coached to play in a similar role to Milos, so could he do that left hand side Milos work while freeing Milos up as the 10?

I don’t think Ivanovic is a starter. He’s got blistering pace and can get around some tired defenders, but he’s very rough around the edges. 100% like the guy though.

I guess he could but he really is more of a midfielder rather than a winger.

Zullo?

I don’t know if they need to be wingers per se in a 4-2-3-1. We have width from the FBs still But yeah’, we’d still not be solving the quick transition problem unless either Ivanovic or Austin are tried out, though both are very erratic.

Do we have any update on Warland by the way? I’m not sure if Corica raised him during the press conference.

I read on twitter that he’s done his ACL.

Yeah heard the same thing on fox sports this morning.

That sucks. Just when he was getting a well deserved run as first choice. An ACL would only see him back start of next year.

Rumours are Wilkinson might be retiring…

ffs another long term injury…

He’s contracted until the end of next season though and has provided quite a lot on the park this season.

Bossi says that Warland has had scans and the club is hoping it isn’t an ACL:

The centre-back had scans on his knee to check for a potential ruptured ACL, but officials are hoping he will be cleared of an injury that serious and that he will be available to play again this season.

To be honest I don’t think Corica is getting the best from this talented squad. Instead of making tactical changes on the pitch he opts for substitutions only. Surely he can make changes on the fly and adjust to the tactics of the opposition.

Teams have figured us out, we were not able to beat the worst two teams in the comp. Lost to Melbourne City who can’t beat anybody except us. Bucks stops with Corica as I think we have a very talented squad that is being underutilised.

Melbourne City drew with victory and Perth prior to versing us.

Club’s confirmed. Warland’s knee is farked. ACL. :frowning_face:

Bloody hell, poor guy.

Horrible stuff. Does mean Calver or Jop suddenly come back in. ACL centre back stocks looking pretty sparse now