Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Djite is a bit slow, Sydney need speed. Transition has been slow at times. In saying that I would still take fornaroli in January

Djite said the same thing when questioned on shoutout about us needing a striker.

How about getting Bill’s cousin from Adelaide, /Nikola_Mileusnic, in place of Trent B? He is quick as, has technique and seems to work really hard. Not many goals but Trent did not score many at CCM either and NK has had lots of games off the bench. Ninko and Sem playing in NK would be a sight to behold.

Yes please, he’s exactly what we need

Danny says we’ll be speaking with Bobo over a possible return. No clue how he’d fit in the cap other than if he took a very low wage.

I suppose its possible he’d take $300k for half a season given that he’s been earning good coin in Turkey. Then negotiations for next year could begin.

Yeah if we got him on the cheap obviously I wouldn’t turn him down. Not sure about having him as a marquee next season though, if it came to him wanting an 18 month contract.

I guess though that if we’re in with a chance of signing him that it would be with a backloaded contract for at least 18 months.

Maybe Bobô misses the Australian lifestyle and he is content to e on minimum wage after racking in the big bucks in Turkey? We can always dream.

May be a good move to have Bobo as central target man and Alf playing off him - and Bobo meeting the high crosses BUT what would we lose by starting him? Would it be Brosque who does that much more work on and off the ball? Not sure if it would slow us down and make us more static.

Would le Fondre take on that role that Brosque currently has? From the limited matches I’ve been able to catch on TV he seems able to run pretty hard all game and has no problem pressuring the defence.

All those knockdowns from Bobo, it’d be 'LeFondre only scores tap-ins…",
not to mention the incessant “…for a small man…” gags

Bobo is not happening…

I’d take him back, ACL only contract just to see Blue Ranger frothing.

2 Likes

Nah screw that we are signing fornaroli in Jan.

Think I’d rather Bobô after last nights performance as we are still trying to play balls to Alf as if he is a target man. Bobô could win those aerial duels and Le Fondre could play off him, a more conventional front two than what Alf + Bruno would be.

How many goals has Alf scored from open play this season?

I wonder how much due diligence Bimbi did on this years imports. 1 bloke is made of glass and the other is rubbish. But hey they’re Dutch, sign them up!

Alf is the only performer so far