Squad speculation thread 2019/20

Yeah I wouldnt really want him.

I would take Kosta!

Great player with lots of speed and cut-through - and now has learnt to really score goals. A really good replacement (but not as good as) for Adrian at RM. If players can move between Chelsea and Arsenal, Milan and Inter etc, then … Whoever we get, and wherever we get them from, our destiny-determined mission is to civilise even barbarians.

Barbarouses would be a horrendous marquee. I sincerely hope that’s rubbish.

Kosta would be a horrendous increase in SPEED.Apart from a proven goal scorer.

I dont care if hes a bit Tardy,they can fumigate him at Albury!

Victory have been winning titles with ex-SFC players like Milligan and Antonis.

I’d take Kosta, he’s not even from Victoria. The only concern is making him marquee.

A bit discouraging if Kosta is our level of marquee ambition for the next 3 years. would rather just try and convince Brosque to stay around for a few more.

And I guess that would mean Milos is the other marquee because you couldn’t really justify paying Kosta more than Milos in any sane world, in fact there would be quite a few players who would be rightfully wondering why they are getting paid so much less than Kosta.

The 35 year old retired legend who doesn’t want to play anymore?

It seems like agents might be using our name to bump up contracts alot. Seems absolute madness wed have offered Krishna and Barbarouses crazy money for 3 years

Very obviously agent talk. Single year, cheap marquee maybe.

just posted on Twitter

5 Likes

So it seems that Reza is indeed not coming back, judging by his insta post. No surprise there, but guess out a champion. We’ll always have that penalty!

He never quite clicked with ALF so it wasn’t going to work, but his attitude the whole time was excellent. He could’ve easily come in, not had things to his way, and kicked up a stink.

2 Likes

Leaves us with the penalty and that post GF interview. Wished he was able to bang more goals in though. Hopefully the club don’t give up on finding another +1 option for next season.

Wish him all the best for the future.

2 Likes

Sorry to curse on the internet, but you’re a fucking legend Reza.

All the best. You are always welcome in this town. :+1:

3 Likes

He’ll always be the guy who gave us that kick and will go down as a legend for it.

2 Likes

Reza is a Sky Blue legend. Love him.

1 Like

This is a huge offseason, imo.

I can absolutely see us losing Reza (confirmed), Van der Linden, DeJong, Brillante, O’Neill, Caceres and Grant. And those are just the obvious ones.

Our foreign recruitment is going to need to be MUCH better than last season.

Pretty sure Grant is staying.

His performances might warrant OS interest, but imagine any club trying to unveil that haircut to fans who haven’t seen him play. Tough sell.

You’d have to think that if he has ambition to play overseas, now is the time?