Squad speculation thread 2019/20

From his interviews though I’m not sure that he does harbour that ambition. It sounds more like he’ll take the opportunity if it comes up but won’t be actively seeking it out.

I was surprised when he resigned as I thought he would want to test himself overseas but from interviews he seems pretty happy with his lot in life in Sydney & feels it’s a big enough step for a country kid.

Plus how many other places in the world can you play football and surf decent waves in your downtime? (Brazil probly aint an option for him)

Rhyan Grant, Fluminense Right Back.

3 Likes

Yeah hes 28 living in Bondi playing football where youre a fan favourite. Its a pretty good situation to have. Doesnt have an EU passport either which stopped Risdon’s chances of a move.

As for Reza. Hes always got a special place in our history. Whilst theres a part of me that thinks hes a class act and would have gone better with time to settle and a preseason I also know tactically he didnt really gel with ALF and so was best to let him go.

His folks being Irish, though, he’d get a passport, no problem

Certainly an interesting strategy to sign a new contract when you intend to move.

Sign a new contract to secure the next few years but then insert release clauses in case a move happens? Im sure thats what O’Neill did

Krishna has apparently signed for a K-League club.

Reckon?

They sign the contracts for certainty, but include release clauses that are favourable.

We’ve had plenty of players that were contracted leave…

Members’ email has landed containing the list of retained players.

Loan signings Siem de Jong, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Anthony Caceres and Danny De Silva will all return to their parent clubs, with Sydney FC continuing negotiations which could see Caceres and De Silva return next season.

Talks will continue with Josh Brillante, Jacob Tratt and Cameron Devlin regarding their futures with the Sky Blues while Aaron Calver, Jop van der Linden, Alex Cisak, Mitch Austin and the retiring Alex Brosque will not return as players next season.

Pretty much as most on here have flagged it.
Sad news for fans of the Siem song.

Edit: Nevermind, beaten to it.

Interesting we are still negotiating with both Caceres and DDS. Given the bit part he played this season I was fairly sure DDS wouldn’t be back. Also it basically confirms that SDJ is permanently gone as the club didn’t mention negotiating to bring him back.

Siem!!! No no no no.

Stajcic will probly see more use for DDS than Mulvey did.

I thought read somewhere over the past few days that Staj was not keen on DDS. It could be idle gossip from somewhere.

It means Corica has 13 players signed for next season as things stand, and plenty of scope to shape his squad to his pleasing – especially if midfield maestro Milos Ninkovic’s salary moves inside the salary cap, which the Herald understands is an option the club is strongly considering.

It’s understood they have previously floated the prospect of an A-League move in recent months to Shinji Okazaki and Robin van Persie with no success. The former has left Leicester City but is keen to continue playing in Europe, while the latter has retired.

This bit in the Herald article on Brillante, probably the most divisive decision there among fans:

Brillante was linked with a move to South Korea during the January transfer window but it did not eventuate and despite expectations he will try his luck overseas, the midfielder told the Herald last week he had no offers on the table and had not ruled out staying in Sydney.

My girlfriend hates it. I do not

Hopefully we bring back Caceres at least. He was beginning to really settle at the end there. Surprised too we hadn’t offered deals to Tratt or Devlin. Hopefully no one comes in with a better offer

I think the best chance to keep SdJ is to walk laps around the homes of board members, executive management, and the football department, singing the chant loudly until it’s stuck in their heads enough that they have no choice but to keep him on.

2 Likes