Squad Speculation Thread 2021/22

Well we could send them Griffiths too , after the tame draw with St J we are staring at relegation again !!!
:rage:

We’ve already got him. His name is Elvis Kamsoba

Looking like the buy of the year so far.

I watched him tear it up in the 2nd half of last season in a very poor team.lots wrote him off but I thought he would do well…MORE somersaults please!

1 Like

Zullo was expected to make his return to first-team action towards the end of January.

But Corica revealed the 33-year-old, who hasn’t put together a full 90-minute performance since November 2020, had re-aggravated an existing calf problem.

“He has been getting closer but he had a bit of a hiccup which has probably set him back a bit,” Corica said.

“He’s going to get a scan on his calf and we’ll go from there.”

"Zullo was expected to make his return to first-team action towards the end of January.

But Corica revealed the 33-year-old, who hasn’t put together a full 90-minute performance since November 2020, had re-aggravated an existing calf problem.

“He has been getting closer but he had a bit of a hiccup which has probably set him back a bit,” Corica said.

“He’s going to get a scan on his calf and we’ll go from there”

So he’s re-aggravated the re-aggravation, of the aggregated re-aggravation of the original injury.

I suspect he’ll be out for no more than an ongoing week.

Do feel sorry for him it’s been a horrible run. Immense toughness to keep pushing for a return- I think many would have retired by now

If he retires, how much of his contract does he get?

Probably all of it at this stage as iirc player insurance covers up to 2 years following the end of their current contract. So more likely he’s doing all in his power to get right and earn another deal, if not with us somewhere else, than just going through the motions to collect another 5 months worth of pay checks. But sadly looking like this may be the end of it for him. :cry:

1 Like

Or he’s pushing out the two years to the end of his contract, rather than start the clock now by retiring.

Fair play to him, we’re not paying his salary now, or post this contract/retirement. Probably better to go at the end of this deal at ~200k/pa than go for minimum wage and screw himself out of ~300k

I don’t see anybody making mid transfer deals because they don’t have to.

How many foreigners did the Victory bring in this year?

That wasn’t very difficult was it.

Did you think City would be sitting on their butts if half there squad was injured?

Did it ever occur to you that those teams perhaps don’t need any extra reinforcements or do you seem to think that every team has an injury list as long as ours?

Didn’t Central Coast just bring in a foreigner?

Foreigners are happy to come over. I suspect it’s the salary cap that’s the main obstacle.

1 Like

I do have a conspiracy that the club would only sign foreigners on a short term 6 month contract considering Corica’s runs out at the end of the season and last thing we need again is expensive players not working out for us like this season.

I still do not know how anyone in the Aus Football media hasn’t asked the club or Corica himself about the contract situation.

Maybe most foreign players just don’t want to move to the worst country in the world for covid at the moment.

Maybe I could put more guess work speculation in here!

1 Like

I assume the reason we haven’t signed a foreign midfielder or striker is because we just signed an Aussie international midfielder and have two of our highest paid foreign strikers soon to return from injury.

6 Likes

There are half a dozen teams doing the same or worse than us, why aren’t they recruiting?Adelaide are 1 point ahead of us, no recruitment, in fact they’re selling, your comparison is nonsense.

Yeah if Alfie & Kosta were out long term then you would consider bringing in another striker. Doing so in the current circumstances will just mean that Elvis, Wood & Buhagiar would all see less game time and it could be argued that Wood isn’t getting enough game time already.

The only position I would consider strengthening, if the right player (think Jordy Buijs) became available, is CB. If Wilko goes down I’m not overly confident in a Donachie/Warland pairing and there has to be doubts as to whether Wilko will play on again next season. I’m happy for the club to wait until next season to address this issue though.

2 Likes

I recall it being brought up at the start of the season. Corica shot it down pretty quickly and it doesn’t seem to have been raised since.

Joel King off to Europe after these Socceroos fixtures according to club email. No indication of where yet, or transfer fee. Shame we didn’t have him contracted - it’ll likely be fuck-all (low six-figures and a future %-age probably).

1 Like